"Could not unpack some files" error

is that after installing it to a new/separate folder?

Are you using a 32-bit version of Windows?

I was only able to see that folder after launching the WT Launcher app (it checks for and downloads updates when you launch it).

Another option you might consider is creating a new user account on that computer and log in to that account and try from there (you may have to reinstall with the new user).

Yes, I have a 32 Bit monitor because I’ve been to broke to buy a new one.

also it’s like this now
woops

go to Settings > System > About and tell me what it says next to “processor” and “System Type”

Also, what are the results if you go to google and run a speed test (search for speed test and run the test)?

I have an Nvidia 4080 and the system type says “x64 Bit”

I won’t go in depth of it but it does say x64 bit

And it’s been on “0 bytes” for a while now and I’m afraid of doing anything incase it ruins the progress I’ve made so far

That’s all I needed to know, then you should have the tools64.zip

• Your game already isn’t working so there’s no real danger in interrupting it - it should NOT take very long to install the update.

I asked about the bandwidth, not because I think your connection is slow (I highly doubt that) but a poor result might indicate something else on your network causing a delay.

I would close the launcher, restart the system and then launch it again. You may also want to verify you’re not almost out of disk space (just click on “this PC” and check your C drive.

You might also try opening a cmd prompt as admin and running “CHKDSK /F /R”

I’ve got plenty of disk space, I’ll try option 2 first if that doesn’t help I’ll try option 1, I live alone so it can’t be with connection.

We are back at square one
image_2024-05-14_150748856

Do the check disk, however, if that still doesn’t work, uninstall and reinstall and when you get to this screen, erase what is there and type “C:\WarThunder” - to install it in your war thunder directory rather than your c:\users\ %username%\appdata folder.

1 Like

Yea, I’d suggested a new folder way back lol.

I’m trying that to see if it works we’ll see in like 30 minutes

Sorry, I probably didn’t notice it or I just misread it.

Ok, It finished downloading and it still showed up the same thing.

Do you mean you finished installing it to a new folder and it’s doing the same thing?

Yes

Which Antivirus program are you using? It may be preventing you from connecting to the server to download files - I did say I didn’t think this was AV related but I’m starting to come around to the idea.

You can read through this thread and locate your launcher log files and see if there’s anything similar to what they found.
“:$10 Couldn’t send request to http://aws-yup1.gaijinent.com/d0aade1883a85bd96a63ff38c547890c724748b9.yup. Error code = 28 (Timeout was reached)”

That’s the first thread I actually read when I first experienced it and I’m using the basic windows anti-virus I do use Nord VPN though

Disconnect from Nord - unless you’re in a country where WT is banned (somehow) - then switch nodes to another server.