"Could not unpack some files" error

I highly recommend this software for any kind of uninstall.

I’ll try this but I highly doubt it would work

Why is it .blk lol

I had to convert it because they don’t allow .txt files (try to convert it)

That’s the same program I suggested…

At what point do you receive this error? Are you a local admin on the computer?
Where are you installing the game to? Make sure you have "full control " of that directory.

I do have full control over my pc I bought it, I made sure it was mine. I made exceptions I even turned off my anti virus to make sure it wasn’t that. And this happened to me before but it fixed after I gave it a factory reset. I did that again the day I got it again it doesn’t work anymore. (I’ve been resorting to War Thunder mobile for my daily logins now)

It just finished and it did not work

Have you tried turning off Windows Defenders entirely and then launch/reinstall wt?

mhm

This isn’t an anti-virus issue. At what point does this error come up? (i.e. is it when you install, or when you launch the game, or when you launch the launcher, etc)

Did you “delete all files” when you did your reset?

When I say “full control”, I mean right-click on the folder you’re installing WT to and select properties, then click security and make sure you can see the permissions - if you can’t, click “Advanced” and then “Change” where it says “owner” (it’s at the top) and change the owner to yourself. Check the box that says “replace all child object permission” if you have to take ownership.

After you’ve taken ownership, make sure Administrators or your name has “Full Control” in that list (it should have check marks next to all the various permissions).

If all that is correct, make sure you’re installing a fresh version that you downloaded and not the same installer.

It came up almost a month ago
Yes
I did that
It’s still happening

At what point do you receive this error?

Is it when your computer starts?
Is it when you launch the app launcher?
is it when you launch the game from the launcher?

Click start and type eventvwr and launch that, then look in the “Application” log to see if you can find an entry with more details about this error (i.e. what file is it choking on, etc).

I get the error as soon as soon as it finishes downloading when I open the client launcher

basic
I just did what you asked me and is this normal?

So I just tried some stuff and now it’s giving me something new. Know what this is?
image_2024-05-14_122057940

1 Like

That is normal, in the event viewer you’ll want to expand windows logs, then applicaitons

and then look for errors like this

however, that is an odd location for that folder (but maybe it’s the default? )
can you browse to that folder and open the win64/tools.zip file? (you should see a bunch of dll files).

You might have better luck if you re-install the program and change the install path to, ideally, another SSD drive, but otherwise try installing it to C:\WarThunder (create the folder manually if you have to)

I’ve found 16 Errors and a lot of warnings

And also I’ve found tools32.zip but no tools64.zip

I got a major feeling that it’s missing some files

It is now just like this
image_2024-05-14_135037366