"Combined Assault" - Combining The Game Modes

In order to give Bombers and Attackers (and maybe certain ground vehicles) purpose, Gaijin should create a game mode which replaces the Bots in current EC Missions with players who queue up to complete the task the bot had.

I.E. if there’s supposed to be a bomber mission (for either team) in an ongoing EC match, if players are queued up to enter a battle they would replace the 6 bombers and 2 fighters (and place them in the same Squad so they can all talk to each-other without switching settings, but that’s another story)

This would add something for bombers to do rather than zomb bases and bail out - if they complete the mission, their game ends but the larger EC sim game goes on (and another set of players should spawn in for the other mission types EC Bots do, including Convoys, Ships, ground-battle locations, etc.)

Can we fix bombers before giving incentives to have more of them?

4 Likes

Nothing would make me happier than some combination of removing gunner view from sim and some compensatory measure, like extending AI gunner range to the same distance as friendly identification. Alternatively, forced first-person gunner view that you have to cycle through if you want manual control of a gunner, a la IL-2 Great Battles.

They also need to significantly reduce the effectiveness of AA in ground battle objectives and convoys, because attackers or low-level bombers are quite literally unplayable in those roles. What we have now is a total inverse of reality and expectation - attackers are best for tackling bases, while strategic bombers are best used against convoys and ground battles.

I think the only way to lock down the view for gunners in bombers is to allow multiple people to join into a single airplane so that each gun can be manned… or they’d have to seriously turn up the AI gunners ability (again).

But I’m more talking about a new game mode where you can actually use the bombers and attackers correctly and not also separate the player base (especially in sim).