Chinese Extended Ground Tree Discussion

My memory went wrong again (QAQ).

Hey guys, I just made a suggestion for the Pakistani T-80UD to come to China, so if y’all wanna throw your support behind it, it would be greatly appreciated!

5 Likes

Anyone able to definitively point me in the right direction here? I have both ZTZ-99A (Spaded) and WZ1001 (Stock). Is the WZ1001 LCT that much better, to warrant the full stock grind or should I use ZTZ-99A as my backup tank? I intend to use the VT-4A1 as my primary tank, either ZTZ99A or the LCT as my secondary, a light tank or TD like AFT-09 and TOR-M1 with the JH7A.

Is LCT worth the stock grind to get, or is it more or less the same as ZTZ-99A and not worth a full redo of the stock experience?

WZ1001E is better than ZTZ99A, and VT4 is shit

1 Like

I’m a British main, so literally being able to score any kills is good by my standards, but aesthetics is what matters lol
VT-4A1 looks pretty futuristic and that’s worth it to me

What makes the LCT better? Just the 14mm on the roof?

LCT use a elongated ZTZ99’s hull which means it has a better protective performance and smaller weakness, and the long barrel make it has a better pen(though its only 11mm), VT4’s ERA is still in incorrect, the basic armor is at a same level as MBT2000, it even cant afford two shot from Britsh shell at the same area, if it does so, it will been penned, so its protective performance is really bad, the GL6 can only intercept the target under 1400m/s so it cant be well as CR2(BN)'s, VT4’s performance in game is just a MBT2000 with a trophy system
edit: i wont suggest anyone except video maker to play the VT4 until it been buffed to the reasonable level as a a major upgrade 11.7 RankVIII tank as a end of a TT line

2 Likes

Good to know! For me at least, I think given how grueling the stock grind is, i’ll stick to ZTZ99A
I feel like no matter what, DM53 will lolpen you no matter where so you, so armor isn’t too much of a big deal to me. 11MM of pen is nice but…eh. For a whole new grind, getting a HMG, only 11mm of pen more and a worse crew arrangement doesn’t seem worth it.

The VT-4A1 (at least from what I can tell) is about on-par with ZTZ99A in performance and playstyle, just looks cool with that remote gun shroud so i’ll slap it in the lineup. Half of why I went with Chinese is because I liked how downright futuristic their designs are haha

2 Likes

I Hope in the next few updates gajjin works on filling gaps in the Chinese tree, like more top tier SPAA, IFV’s and light tanks. Would really help fill out the tree for China!

I think for a premium tank we could see a Pakistani VT-4 added.

3 Likes

TOR is the worst performing 11.7 anti-aircraft vehicle in the game, not one of them,It is simply unable to effectively attack jet aircraft, and there is no thermal imaging, unable to attack close range targets, with only 8 rounds of ammunition

2 Likes

In addition, the VT4 in the game is a product of complete GAIJIN style bias. The engine and gearbox of this tank are customized based on price, and GAIJIN has placed the low-priced version of the gearbox purchased in Thailand on the latest displayed VT4A1,And its KE value has not even reached the data of the low-priced version

2 Likes

But most of China’s weapons are influenced by Russian bias (even replicas), to the point where playing with this camp makes you feel like it’s a difficult challenge. Although the armored area of the 99A can withstand shells, its weaknesses are so great that they are difficult to accept, like those of the Leclerc and Type 10, and as long as the armor is penetrated, it will immediately die without any room for struggle. Its shell only penetrates 577mm, which results in very low damage caused by the shell penetrating the target, making it unable to effectively kill members of NATO tanks. And a filling time of 7.1 seconds will make these two tanks completely devoid of any fault tolerance。
There is also TOR who performs so poorly, surprisingly being able to be on the same BR as armor. There is also Z10, whose function is no different from the 10.0 Z9, and J-8B, which was forced to face F4, F14, and F16 for two years

2 Likes

Im gonna stop you right there. The current power pack placed within the VT-4 in game is the best power pack that has ever been fitted into the tank IRL, and the figures thrown out of a 1500hp engine is nothing more than a proposal made by one of the designers, but was never made or even tested once, so is nothing more than a paper suggestion.

The armor values are as good as they are going to get, as there is no evidence to support claims for stronger composite armor. I would know because I was the person who originally looked into and shared the Thai document, and made the bug report to buff the armor.

If you have some documentation proving that it’s armor should be stronger, than please share it now, otherwise you are just spouting false claims

The wrong VT-4 is a platform, and if you are willing to pay, it can even be equipped with a 1500 horsepower engine and better transmission equipment. It is not a simple price range version, but can be customized for all internal and external devices. Moreover, the VT-4 in the game does not even meet the lowest price requirements of the original VT4 in Nigeria and Thailand, let alone the VT4 purchased in Pakistan and the current latest version of VT-4A1

1 Like

Again, the 1500 horse power engine, has never been installed on any VT-4, so it is just a paper idea that’s never actually existed, therefore will not come to war thunder any time soon.

Also the VT-4 in game is the most advanced version ever built, and isn’t even in service with any nation yet, as it was only shown at a military Expo. It has all the features found on the Pakistani Version and the APS system. What are you talking about???

As for protection, the VT4 made by Gaijin is even based on Thailand’s low-priced VT4, and some information does not even meet the Thai VT-4 manual data published in the forum. And at the beginning, Gai Jin made a mistake in naming VT4. VT-4B will only be exhibited next year at the earliest, while VT-4A1 also has some information in the exhibition in 2017

1 Like

please highlight the areas of what is missing including proof then i guess

1 Like

The base composite armor found on the VT-4 is the same across all nations and models. There is no evidence to suggest that the Thai version has inferior armor to the Pakistan version, except for the front most layer of FY-4 on the hull. I made the bug reports for the armor, and the current prefromance of the hull armor is in line with the evidence of the Thai document, unless you have evidence that the armor should be stronger, please don’t make such general statements

Not in service? The T95 is not in service in the US Army, the IS-7 is not in service, and Sweden did not purchase the mi-28A but only visited them, let alone Japan’s F-16AJ. There are many vehicles or planes that are not in service with Gaijin’s vehicles. When Gaijin produces new vehicles, it only depends on whether the vehicle has been made into a real vehicle that can be driven

1 Like

Here’s my report on the VT-4 hull armor, and if you look in game, the prefromance is actually correct, and corresponds with the theoretical maximum proposed by the document
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/LvKE680onxk2
ThaiVT4Armor
All we need, is to use the base armor values from the Thai document, and then add the in game values of the ERA

1 Like

I know, what’s your point? I’m simply pointing out the the VT-4 model we have in game technically isn’t in service with any nation, but still represents the best version of the tank

1 Like