Chinese Air-To-Air missiles, History, Performance & Discussion

There are several options, they just haven’t been implemented. For 7.7-9.0 in performance, the JL-8/K-8 can provide CCIP bomb/rocket cas akin to the SAAB-105 or Alpha Jet ( just don’t implement them with AAMs/ add one with Guided munition & one without ), while lower BR guided cas can be filled by the H-5 LGB test bed. China has options appropriate to the tier.

The L-15/JL-10 features Fox-3 integration & a PESA honeycomb in the nose, that’s not exactly ‘low tier’ lol.

1 Like

Lol yeah mb on that. i thought the JL-10 didn’t have that kind of tech.

Also good to see China does have options for those tiers.

The Yak-130, M-346, & L-15 all high capability trainers designed to transition pilots into 4.5/5th gens- the maneuvering characteristics & general armament of all 3 is far closer to that of an F-16 / Su-25BM than of 9.0 Jets. In the case of the youngest brother to the family, the L-15/JL-10, not only is the jet well armed, its also supersonic.

L-15/JL-10 Goodies

The L-15/JL-10 is more akin to a light-weight multirole fighter without an internal gun than it is to an older trainer.

2 Likes

We sure are in for some goodies with these trainers.

Are you sure about that? I haven’t seen any pictures of it with Fox 3 missiles.

Hongdu JL-10 PLAAF advanced trainer aircraft only and never armed armament. Lead-in fighter trainer (LIFT) L-15A armed armament and targeting pod but no MRAAM SD-10

Idk L-15A located before or after JH-7A

L-15B only integrated active radar homing MRAAM SD-10

L-15B it’s new top tier and place to strike aircraft line after JH-7A

I think L-15B only

That’s L-15A picture

1 Like

Jl10 would probably be 13.0 with its crazy ass loadout.

1 Like

JL-8 would be 9.7 in air in 8.7 in ground? Has poor a2g ordinance (2 bombs atmost but has PL-5/7 for air.

H-5 LGB would be ~8.7 aswell, although 8.0 in arb.

L-15A has JL-10GJ Radar

L-15B has Pesa Radar of some sort

The only L-15 i have seen mention of having guided munitions is L-15C/Z. (Although i haven’t looked into it much(

Could add a couple of them to pad out the strike aircraft line.

Another option is to add AT-3A at ~9.0 and AT-3B at ~10.3

(Edited)

Why not the lot. If they add enough strike aircraft they might folder the q-5’s so no poor soul has to grind through three of them ever again.

Q5L and A are quite good at the moment, never touching the early again tho.

The fact that they can’t base bomb and don’t get missiles, while also not being maneuverable basically just means that they’re f104’s without the Gatling gun. They’re usable but they’re sad. In ground they aren’t horrible except the fact that they compress like crazy so you have to be super careful when you bomb.

Do you like is?

1 Like

Of all the possible CAS aircraft that can still be added to China TT, I like the FTC-2000G the most. It’s modernized Mig-21 appearance has a certain appeal to me. It should sit nicely betwen Q-5L and JH-7A.

1 Like

I predict FTC-2000G would be 12.7 after Xian JH-7A & JH-7A2

I guess attack aircraft and light attack aircraft fill the gap between Q-5L & JH-7A maybe AIDC AT-3A, Nanchang A-5M, AIDC AT-3B, Guizhou FTC-2000/JL-9 & Hongdu L-15A

After Nanchang Q-5L at rank VII ?

After JH-7A

I only have access to the pl12 at the moment, but ive noticed many times its seeker lost track, does anyone know how pl12s seeker performs compared to the other new fox3’s? Last i checked in the datamine, pl12s seeker was singled out from the rest which were almost identical, pl12 was different

AT-3 not 11.7+ material