Chinese Air-To-Air missiles, History, Performance & Discussion

Played with it and to me it seemed pretty good.

I might be using it wrong

Aye i might be wrong too but so far i haven’t seen any reliable testing and we can’t fully judge.

I believe it’s supposed to have the same seeker as the r-77-1 but take that with a grain of salt

But SD-10 is 11.7+ Material. It has better flight performance than JH-7A, so it will surely stay at a higher BR than JH-7A.

I think we’re talking about different planes. I was talking about AT-3

Sd-10 is a missile not a plane

I know. I was talking about FTC2000G but he might have accidentally replied to me.

You replied to the one guy at the part where he was replying to me talking about AT-3.
Confusion

Sorry I was half asleep back then

Have anyone actually tested PL-12/SD-10’s claim on 70km range , Vt=Vl at Mach 1.2, headon at 10km altitude

Supposedly the none escape zone against an F16 is quoted at 35-45km… without conditions given, maybe we can assume at 10km altitude, head on launch at Mach 1.2, while F-16 performs a 9G turn and cold and dropping altitude to 5km.

Also the missile’s delta V is quoted at Mach 3… ie ~1000m/s…

I am not sure if the in game representation is close.

2 Likes

I’ll test it shortly, what altitude?

10km

1 Like

Supposedly the seeker should be J band as well. Detection range is quoted as 25km against 5m^2 RCS Target

3 Likes

Aaaand supposedly the max 38G is achieved in Mach 4 at 6000m

3 Likes

it’s said PL-12 still have the strange swing problem while gliding, causing extra air resistance.
@MiG_23M can you check it too?

Testing in the next ~10-15 mins

Yes, I’ll take a look

1 Like

Closure rate should be ~600 m/s, 1.2 mach at 10km altitude is ~299 - 300 m/s.
I’m making the mission right now. Need to ensure proper speed and closure rate of target and launch aircraft are set and then I’ll launch at 71 km to see if it hits or not.

2 Likes

@InterFleet I am running into an issue, when both target and launch aircraft are set to 1.2 mach speeds the closure rate is higher than expected at 700+ m/s. Is there an issue with how the closure rate is being measured or is this test invalid?

1 Like

Mach 1.2 at 10,000 m altitude is 359 m/s. You’ve confused it with the speed of sound at 10 km alt, which is 299 m/s (both rounded to nearest whole number).