Chilean Air Forces Sub-Tree

Chile as a complete independent tree I find you absolutely right, that is why I made this suggestion as a sub tree trying to add as many good aircraft as possible so there are more options to choose from, but I do not agree that Chile cannot be as sub tree for Israel since both in the terrestrial tree and in the air it can give many interesting things to Israel, on land for example you have the M24 HVMS, M-50 HVMS, M41 HVMS, Piranha 6x6 HVMS, M-51 Project-T, Piranha 6x6 TCM-20, AIL Storm 106 mm, AIFV-B Spike, Piranha 6x6 LAHAT which would be the vehicles that have a direct relationship with Israel (in fact the M24 HVMS passed to the developers recently) and Chile gives Israel many more light vehicles, which it needs very much and Chile can give them to it, and in the air you have many good planes for Israel especially at low ranges which can help them extend to the lower ranges and at high ranges you give Israel the possibility of using the Israeli F-5 Prototype and the F-5 Tiger III which is one of the most powerful in the world, the Mirage Pantera which is powerful also, and many Chilean planes that use Israeli missiles. There are many unique things that Chile can give to Israel and that are related.

To add at the end I must say that a lot of Chilean equipment is of Israeli origin:

While that sounds good many vehicles of those
service vehicles are not from Israel and sometimes only use Israeli ATGMs or air to air missiles.

Similarly to Swiss aircraft for example.
The Swiss Hunter would be better placed in the British tech tree while Mirage III and F-18 should go to France and the US respectively.

A Swiss sub tree in general doesn’t make much sense. Sure Chile has somewhat strong ties to Israel regarding military equipment but politically is rather close to the US.
Both is a bit flimsy over all to back up a sub tree.
I would simply add the vehicles to their country of origin.
Knowing Gaijin everything can happen of course.

US placed an embargo on sales to Chile. That’s why Chile started to buy stuff from Israel in such quantities.

7 Likes

+1 Good suggestion as always. Would love to see it in the Israeli tree. It would be a alternative to all those Jewish MBT’s

1 Like

Currently the game is aiming for each nation to have a sub tree of a secondary nation (except the United States, Germany and Russia which have many of their own vehicles) using as an example Great Britain with South Africa, Italy with Hungary and Sweden with Finland which are the that are at the moment, so it would not be crazy to think that in the future Israel obtains a sub tree from a minor nation since they greatly need them, especially to obtain light vehicles that they lack, I see 2 possible sub trees for Israel, which are Chile or Turkey, as a Chilean I have no problem with my country arriving to help Israel and we have enough connections to be together, especially in land vehicles (and if the terrestrial sub-tree arrives, the air will inevitably arrive), and Turkey has enough of its own vehicles to have a complete separate tree, just as the suggestion is made here in the forum.

I’m glad you liked the suggestion, have you seen the suggestion for Chilean tanks? I think you will like it even more than the aerial one.

Oh I saw it too. It’s amazing

1 Like

+1, a great pair for your ground subtree. Though like the ground subtree, the lower ranks (I and II) are probably too sparse to be worth adding and making players grind through.

Also, Rank VIII is pretty severely undertiered. Python 4s are 50g unflareable missiles with pretty decent range. Derbys have a similarly high overload though are limited in range compared to most Fox-3s, and AMRAAM C-7s are some of the best BVR missiles available. Because of the platforms these weapons are on, they’d probably be about .7 lower than Typhoons, F-15s, etc with equivalent weaponry but would still all be about 1.0 higher than listed for this tree.

More twin-seat armed trainers (F-5F, F-16B) would also make good premiums 👍

Have you also considered adding the Super Tucano as a sorta A-10/Su-25 equivalent?

1 Like

Almost all aircraft have a two-seat version but I did not want to overload the tree with the two-seat variants, although of course they could be added, personally I love the design of the Mirage 50 DCN Pantera with its nose so elongated by the Israeli modification although some They think it’s ugly that he’s so big-nosed haha

Mirage 50 DCN Pantera

F-5F Tiger III Plus

F-16BM MLU M2

The truth is I thought about adding the Super Tucano that Chile has but I found it similar in capabilities to the Chilean A-36 Toquí that’s why I didn’t add it, but it could be added as a premium/event since it is a very good attack aircraft, in Chile they have been seen carrying a pair of AGM-65 Maverick missiles, I just don’t know what BR they could be on, maybe 9.0

1 Like

The Super Tucano based on my quick research is able to carry a wide variety of AAMs. With AGM-65F/G (65D but with larger warhead) and Python 3s (if Chile uses those on Tucanos) it’d probably fit quite nicely at 10.0. It’s slower even than the A-10 or Su-25 and has a smaller load, but Python 3s are the best non-IRCCM IR missiles in the game and with its prop engine the Tucano would be difficult to lock with IR missiles. I agree though that premium/event vehicle status would probably be best just because the design is so unconventional.

There I added to the suggestion the summarized history of the relations between Chile and Israel, so people who know almost nothing about this will have more context of why I decided to make this sub tree in the Israel tree

The problem is that I don’t know what weapons the Chilean Super Tucanos carry besides the Mavericks and the machine guns since there aren’t many photos of them carrying weapons in Chile, so it would be difficult for me to include that plane.

2 Likes

In fairness, you could make the case for it being able to receive theoretical armaments, there are such examples in game.

I have to mention that the Chilean low-rank planes are a good complement to the suggestion that @yoyolast made to add the lower ranks of Israel and that his suggestion was passed on to the developers, here I leave an example of what the Israeli planes would look like together with The Chilean planes, the new Israeli planes I highlighted with the Star of David and Yoyolast moved some planes like the Spitfire Mk IXc to lower ranges since they make more sense there.

The suggestion:

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s fair. I think for an event vehicle “hypothetical” armaments are acceptable. The Tucano can definitely carry Python 3s (as evidenced by this Ecuadorian unit) and Chile has a large number of Python 3s in service. Putting them on the aircraft isn’t that big of a stretch, especially when many aircraft have entirely fictional armaments in-game.

I’d rather not with how terribly balanced that would be.
Unfun gameplay for both the user and the persons fighting it.

1 Like

Oh, that’s much fuller. Still quite sparse but more worth adding.

Of course, hypothetically I could add all the weapons that it has been seen carrying in other countries (as can be seen in the cutaway) but as @Mahiwew says, it is something difficult to balance, that’s why I would keep only the A-36 Toquí, which is also Nationally, the Super Tucano is Brazilian, so some people from Brazil may feel uncomfortable that one of their favorite planes is on the Chilean tree rather than with their own flag.

2 Likes

Speaking of the A-36, why is it 9.0 with magic 2s? Those are highly manueverable all-aspect missiles with FoV gating IRCCM. They’re only found at 11.3+ for a reason.

It is not known if they were really capable of launching that missile, although in some places they say yes in their technical specifications. In addition, that missile was only seen here in Chile in a static position next to the plane, but it is known that it was used in those planes was the Shafrir II missile that would be the official one, due to balancing issues I would omit the Magic 2

3 Likes