Chengdu J-10, History, Performance & Discussion

Hei, i am here to tell you an interesting story on J10. In the dev sever, the J10 did not get any drop tank which means pilot should manage afterburning time of engine in the huge map battle.In reality, the J10 have two 1700 liter drop tank and one smaller 800 liters at the fuselage pylon. The 800 liters drop tank is already have model in game on J8B/F. If the developers have no time for give the New model for 1700 liters drop tank, they maybe just copy it to the fuselage pylon. However, they diceded the 800 liter drop tank under the wing instead of fuselage. So if you want to BVR you need to replace two important PL12 with two useless 800 liters drop tank or just feeding the 26 mins fuel to AL31FN. According to authoritative academic papers and real photos, this place in the game has never been equipped with an 800 liter auxiliary fuel tank. But they still chose the wrong mounting method, even though I mentioned the correct mounting method in the issue earlier. This situation is no longer an isolated case.The double Bomb Rack , in reality, the J10 can carry 3, two of them under the wing and one at the middle fuselage pylon.In 2.39.0.21, the J10 just recieve 2 of them. Only ONE AT THE MIDDLE FUSELAGE PYLON IS MISSING AGAIN! WHY?Again? Just copy the bomb or drop tank to that pylon is difficult? SO man,waht can i say?
U436P4T426D180018F16470DT20130304100646

J-10AH from PLAN ?

Mid-Life upgrade J-10A (PLAAF) technology like J-10C ?

J-10C AESA radar ?

J-10A Mid-Life upgrade

why did this interview get flagged???

do you have more photos with the drop tank under the fuselage? I need one or two more.

I found a strange things, all articles on internet about Type 1473 Radar suggest similar data:
The maximum search range of this radar is 160 kilometers, with an upward range of 100 kilometers, a downward range of 80 kilometers, and a backward range of 40 kilometers. Can track 16-20 targets and attack 6-8 of the most threatening aerial targets at same time.
so there must be a original source where all these author copy from, but where? I can’t found it

I bet there’s something wrong with that center pylons and that’s why there’s only the one bomb on it right now. Just wait a bit to see what happens.

So…. Has gaijin already forgotten this plane existed or what? Only thing that changed from the dev server to the live server is gps bombs, which are on the wrong pylons, and then it’s just stayed the same. Still has the wrong missiles, still missing a drop tank, still missing most of its air to ground ordnance. I expected them to fix at least one of those things by now.

4 Likes

A bit of a random discussion but what IR missiles do people take for the J-10A nowadays?

I feel like the PL-5EII has decent acceleration and narrow FOV IRCCM that it’s worth it over the PL-8, but unsure if this is a placebo on my part.

Pl5 is just a better missile in every way aside from overload. Better range, harder to spot, better flare resistance. The only downside with the pl5e2’s is that it never carried them.

It is true. There is no reason to bring PL-8 in a competetive way.

Alright thanks, I wasn’t sure if I was imagining things

Kinda silly that the J-10A is currently set up in a way to unlock an overall worse missile at the moment in the upgrade tree. Hopefully we get PL-8Bs one day…

3 Likes

See the good side in it, at least you already have your best IR missile by default

1 Like

it’s the best.
and it’s batter if the PL-8B has the AIM-9M’s IRCCM type, so J-10 can have both type of IR missiles

1 Like

It does not.

I mean in game, since TY90 type would be impossible

1 Like

Why would they introduce the ordnance with historically inaccurate seeker?
The devs stated that the Magic 2 and R-73 are underperforming due to a limitation in how small they can make the FoV without completely making it flare proof. Their system is overly simple. They would just do the same for PL-8B, copy the current PL-5EII / Magic 2 / R-73 IRCCM mechanisms (FoV reduction).

4 Likes

I’m just wondering why they haven’t already added the Pl8B because of this. It is literally next to 0 work. No modelling work has to be done at all since the current PL8 Visual Model is actually a PL8B and the IRCCM can just be Ctrl z Ctrl v over with a name change and distribution to loadouts. Exceedingly simple

1 Like