Chengdu J-10, History, Performance & Discussion

Yes all 13.7, every single 13.7 have 2 IRCCM + 2 ARH for stock ( except Germany who don’t have any 13.7)

It doesn’t exist in game, plus, why let J10B get PL8B, it is very unlikely to be in game, since 0 info on it’s PESA.

If J-10A never had PL-5s historically, the IR research can probably go like:

Stock x2 PL-8B (This fulfills the requirement that 13.7 starts with some sort of IRCCM missile)

PL-8 (tier I) x6

PL-8B (tier II) x6

This pretty much follows the pattern of other aircraft ingame. It’d be a bit much for the J-10A to start off with standard PL-8s stock imo, especially at 13.7

1 Like

I mean lmao only having PL8 at 13.0 for J8F is already bad, now we are talking about a J10 which is slower than Mig21?

6 Likes

Yeah, and everyone and their mother gets enough flares to make a New Years fireworks display jealous at that BR. J-10A needs to come with IRCCM missiles.

1 Like

It’s concerning my Pl-5EII IRCCM bug report is still 'acknowledged" and not ‘Fixed’ considering the update is tomorrow…

2 Likes

I was half-expecting another dev server considering the amount of acknowledged reports there were for the J-10A alone.

Very concerning.

2 Likes

prove?

Not looking too good honestly

In dev server both JF-17 and J-10A didn’t even have DL channels either…

1 Like

Literally Chinese aviation history 101 any every single picture of a J-10.

usually, they add a “fixed” only after it’s really updated to the server.

The J-10A never used the PL-8, only the PL-8B, and stupid Gaijin don’t know what the PL-8B is

1 Like

Well update is out. Good news people, PL-5EII does have IRCCM (according to the stat card)

its shrinking FOV irccm

but no datalink channels?

Yeah, radar doesnt have DT channels, wtf…

jeff doesnt either what

GB500/250 can still only be mounted on the middle pylon:

No CM-701 either, but I guess we got the LS-6 for it

I feel like the bug reports submitted during the mid, tail end of the dev server was not implemented

And it still tops at ~1400km/h at low altitude flight it seems

Edit: Now… there’s that “It all subject to change!” crowd ?

Both PL-8 & PL-8B for J-10A but 4th gen fighter aircraft in PLAAF & PLAN service never armed PL-5 series

Hopefully gajin not forget PL-8B for 3 chinese aircraft in next major update (late october)

• J-8F
  • J-10A
  • JH-7A

PL-5E & PL-5E II for Chengdu J-7/F-7 late variants, J-8F and JH-7A. my guess

1 Like

Does anyone already have infos on the performance of the IRCCM on the PL-5EII?

Beyond the stat card? Doubt. Saw someone said on RU forum it having FOV IRCCM comparable with Magic 2