Chengdu J-10, History, Performance & Discussion

It is more of a ‘political’ thing but replacement is the early F16A/Bs (no MLU) with J10CE, which is sort of F16V equivalent if not even better due to PL15E. I mean Iraq is buying JF17 block 3 and negotiating J10CE domestic production.

It’s weird cause it does state Pakistan bought a variant for export ‘une variante pour achete’ (sorry for my french, I am learning) which Pakistan only bought J10C, although that came into service in 2018 and J10CE was first confirmed in 2019, whilst the book is published in October 2013 as of my knowledge.

1 Like

It’s a long time From the first rumor about someone buying J-10, to Pakistan really buy it. After all, if you want a good medium Jet, and don’t want accept those American policy, there are not much choice.

1 Like

Just a few things I found online which states drag coefficient of delta wing. https://www.researchgate.net have a lot on aerodynamics although the articles are subject to copy right. Just searching up gets you a lot of articles, such as this one on low speed characteristics (PDF) Low speed aerodynamic characteristics of non-slender delta wing at low angles of attack (researchgate.net)

3 Likes

thanks

If you also don’t want to suffer from the price of Rafael. Serbia is very close to China and received loads Chinese equipment but still went for Rafael, so I guess the political side is just as important.

Serbia is good at staying neutral

1 Like

Don’t forget to check science hub as well, or contact author to get access to the paper ;)

Do we have any answer as to why Gaijin is putting missiles that were never on J-10 on it?

China offered J-10A a while back, perhaps article confused that.

Such as?

J-10/10As used only PL-8 and PL-8B in active service until recently when 10AH received PL-10s. Our J-10 should get PL-8s (stock) and PL-8B (researched).

I disagree.

Any reason or are you just not feeling historically accurate today?

6 Likes

This is historical fact, the 10/10A only ever used PL-8s.

1 Like

I would like to assume they are still working on it’s eventual addition but a slightly more worrying answer is the matter that gaijin is under the assumption that the current PL-8 is infact how the PL-8B is irl, multiple gaijin tech mods have declined reports under the assumption that the missile (which btw is modelled as the PL-8B seekerhead in game) won’t recieve IRCCM or a dual band seeker.

1 Like

Alongside them believing the PL-5 ever touched the J-10 in service that is quite worrying, hopefully they come to fix this.

We can see even on the early test flights of J-10 it was using PL-8 weights.

hm?

So now I’m curious if J-10A ever had used PL-5s.

1 Like