Chengdu J-10, History, Performance & Discussion

It doesn’t really matter that much for Mavericks cause Mavericks considered explosive content the secondary kill shot although most things die to the explosion rather than the pen :D.

Is that a 500kg bob under the belly? In theory it could be both a normal or guided but Gaijing just didn’t want to make that.

+2 GB 500 on the inner wing pylons, which brings to a total of 5 GB 500

Not in dev server though, a bit sad.

heard of it, but it’s hard to issue it, and the flight model is still under working. maybe it’s possible to issue it with aerodynamics analysis

The performance of J10A in the dev server is incorrect. When its speed exceeds the speed of sound, its aerial acceleration performance is very poor.It has been added with too much incorrect flight resistance.

1 Like

The J-10A has received its 72x Large Countermeasures on the dev server as of 2.38.0.20

Screenshot 2024-09-04 200321

6 Likes

Good stuff, now we need to get the drag fixed because it has way too much drag atm

it’s said to be the dual pylon’s large resistance causing the speed problem

there’s no way dual pylons cause a plane like this to have more air resistance than a F-4 Phantom
and besides, you ahve said drag even without pylons equipped

great they added the LS-6 for the JF-17, the J10A, J8F and JH7A can also shoot them,

I made a report which explains all that
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/EQcCthxzfFDI

4 Likes

no,I didn’t say anything about “without pylons equipped”, I’m too busy to study it’s flight performance these days. everything I know are from others, and I doubt some of the information, I would test it with my friends if possible.
but if it’s really the pylon’s problem, there would be no way to issue it

The bomb looks nice, I’ll enjoy watching it glide to the target

IRL the LS-6 has around 60 km range to shoot in the best conditions (speed + altitude) me who plays a lot in simu 13.7 I will love to explode the AAA missiles at the enemy airfield :)

1 Like

Anyone wanna explain why China gets a JDAM ER equivalent while nobody else gets glide bombs? If China is getting the LS-6, the US should get JDAM ER, and Russia should get the UMPK Kits…

JDAM:

JDAM ER:

KAB-500S:

UMPK:

LS-6:

There’s a pretty clear discrepancy in the tech used in the bombs being added, which will lead to the LS-6 vastly outperforming the other nations GPS guided bombs in range and accuracy…

1 Like

A minor nation just can’t have something unique for a little while can it

9 Likes

No cry from you when America was in the lead for years tho

12 Likes

for air-ground weapons the games are quite unbalanced when you have to compare the minor nations to the major nations, the Russians with their KH29TD, the Russians with their AGM 65 IR these weapons are very boring in game, I don’t see why the addition of the LS-6 gliding bombs only for China will create an imbalance we are talking about GPS bombs which are only used on “static targets”, the JDAMs have a range of approximately 15 to 18 km and the LS-6 60 km of range, to shoot only at “static targets!!!”, the update is called the dance of the dragons I think it’s China’s prime at the moment, China has the right for once to be slightly advantageous on an armament, right?

4 Likes

“minor nation” lmao

Also, no, its clearly unbalanced, and other nations literally have an equivalent.

1 Like

Not like other nations already have Mavericks, Kh-38s, PGM-2000s on top of getting GPS guided bombs.

8 Likes