Chengdu J-10, History, Performance & Discussion

Hopefully sooner then later

I don’t think it can double mount the bombs like that image shows but it can definitely mount one per pylon.

Possibly but no image evidence means no chance it really get added in game.

One more question for guys. How many CMs does the J-10A have in the end?Looking at the CM dispenser hidden in the cover on both sides, it appears to have less than 60.

I mean they do have double pylons for bombs, those are 250 kg bombs so they aren’t too heavy.

Yeah but not for the intake pylons

I’d like to know this too. It’s nearly impossible to see where they even come from.

so how many pl12? 4&6?

1. Three pylons per wing, one pylon can only mount pl8’s, one can double mount pl12’s, one can single mount pl12’s for a total of 2 pl8’s and 6 pl12’s.

IMG_2642
IMG_2643
Looks like at least 80, not sure if that smaller third thing is also a flare dispenser. These are on both sides so whatever you count double it.

One guy at the top said 80-120 55mm flares.

At least there is a dual pylon in the abdomen

2 Likes

Well, new discovery, from my own picture in Changchun Airshow 2023:
These big and small CM launcher should be changeable cause on this J-10S, it’s 2 big wells instead of 1 big and 1 small on this image
So we may could guess the big is flare only and small one is chaff only, cause nobody will use chaff on airshow

1 Like

Wait it’s only 36 flares?

can’t find anymore dispencers, so i can’t believe it too but it might be true

No,they are just launchers of different calibers.It has little to do with the ammunition they loaded.A larger launchers can enable it to drop more effective flare/chaff

According to your conclusion, did they still loaded all flare instead of chaff when carrying ARH missiles for BVR combat?

In this image it’s 18 CMs per module instead of 9
Though there’s no proof to say in PLA there’s only small chaff and big flare
Well… anyway i wonder how Gaijin will implement this in game

Gaijin typically equips aircraft with the largest number of Chaff/Flare versions.
Like JH-7s:
36x

72x

2 Likes

Just found Gaijin make 120x small and 60x big CM on F-15’s model but give it 240x small CMs
And some sources said J-10’s Type 941 CM don’t have small CMs, the smaller one is large calibre CM and bigger one is larger calibre CM

Wouldn’t mind 36 massive flares. Just one flare anything shot at you.