Chengdu J-10, History, Performance & Discussion

True

I mean PL-8 family, J-10s never used PL-5s

Cannot be concluded, the J-10 all be upgraded to J-10A standard in 2010s.And the appearance cannot be distinguished between J-10 and J-10A

The early j10’s are shaped different in the back

Why alway J-10s take fuel tank on flight?

Hide

Because its fuel tank installation is not convenient(not Hardpoint-Pylon-Tank),the fixing bolt needs to pass through the upper wing skin.In low combat readiness situations, aircraft are more likely to conduct patrol missions,and tend to load fuel rather than weapons.

Anyway, they are all on low alert patrol.Instead of disassembling such a cumbersome fuel tank, it is better to keep it installed .Until it is in actual combat condition and restoring weapon mounting

1 Like

Wait are they not drop tanks? Do you have to keep them for the whole match?

I’m afraid so ,except for the abdominal fuel tank.
Considering that the design theory of J10 originated from the 1980s, and before the 2010s, PLAAF used it as an interceptor rather than a multi-purpose fighter.

I never use wing fuel tanks anyways but that still kinda sucks.

Make sense if you think about it, PL12 was designed for J8F, but as far as I am aware, J8F’s development ended in 2001, type1492 resumed a little bit which delayed the service time, but the main reason for the actual service time to be 2003 is PL12 wasn’t ready.

There were also arh pl11’s that were used before the pl12’s were ready

I heard about them but there is no apparent consistent source that suggests this or any way to distinguish as the photo evidence is almost non existent and they are no longer used.

We can always dream

Same armament as the J-10A but better avionics, radar etc

Either way, I’m still pretty salty the J-10 only possibly seems to come now and I don’t even know where the 10A would go in the techtree (I’d be pissed if gaijin puts it under the J-11A which I think should be in a folder with the J-11 because it’s more or less the same vehicle in game sense with R-77)

2 Likes

They’ll folder it eventually.

Is the J10 or J10A fighter jet equipped with a helmet-mounted sight?

J-10A should have it.

Check my post .

I think it can be dropped? but the pylon is fixed on wing, the tank break away from different place

76a6f55c1b5bb9c48ea00b090e6f9e6837de54df_2_970x1000

has proven if this loading is true but according to this image the J10 can also carry medium tanks under the wings

1 Like

That image also says it can carry 14 gbu’s which would be funny, well 13 cause you have to bring a targeting pod.

Not possible, or proven IRL is it, I think the air intake pylons can’t take LGBs cause I’ve never seen them, but taken they can carry PL12s apparently they should be able to carry some LGBs which are lighter.

Only exists in models and magazines.

The model on Singapore Airshow in 2016

3 Likes