Chengdu J-10, History, Performance & Discussion

is that black square another one or a vent

Vent

The J8F, J10A and JF 17 use Beidou or glonass system for guide bombs (Chinese GPS system) the weapons in question are the LS-6 250/500 and FT-3/4 series of bombs
LS-6-GBU-Sat-Inertial-250-kg-Zhenguan-Studio-4S
download

we can see that our friends at DCS have a JF 17 with this ammunition

for more information PLA Guided Bombs

1 Like

Its surprising to see that gaijin forgot to add chinese GPS guided bombs

1 Like

in the JF-17 devblog the “BRM-1” weapon was mentioned, I found very little information, mentioned mainly on the DCS forums

The BRM-1s are guided rockets, thanks once again to our friends at DCS

for the little information found was linked to the JF 17, maybe the J10A can use the BRM-1 too??

2 Likes

Estimate, there will definitely be errors, but it should be acceptable.

Assuming the ground crew is 1.6 meters tall (the minimum height allowed to join the Chinese military), the size of the dispenser is approximately 21cm×12cm.
The size of a single larger CM is no less than 4cm×6cm.

The two types of CM dispensers are compatible with each other. The size of the larger CM is twice that of the smaller CM. Therefore, the size of the smaller CM is not less than 3cm×4cm.

Currently, the MJU-7 (5.2cm×2.5cm, 13cm2) is also counted as large CM, not standard CM, and is similar in size to the smaller CM of the J-10 (not less than 12cm2).
So why not 72 large CMs?

10 Likes

Hopefully they count them as jumbo countermeasures

1 Like

I got this image, shoot by someone else from a Chinese museum, it seems to be laege CM similar to russian 50mm CM. the paper besides shoul be A4

this is russian PPI-50

5 Likes

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/olvjIm5p807f

Bug report for missing IRCCM on the Pl-5EII

@NCC105 & @dark_claw has anyone written up a bug report that the smaller CM’s should be treated as large caliber CM’s? That could be a very helpful buff to the plane

5 Likes

not found yet, so I’m working on one.
@dark_claw may I borrow your image

5 Likes

There is another PL5EII report labelled not a bug already, seems like this is just a dev server thing, they said ‘this is a test server. weapons in the process of setting up’

1 Like

just do it

1 Like

Does the J-10A only have 72 countermeasures maximum?

That would seriously put it behind every top tier (13.7) jet in terms of countermeasure count, even lower than the J-8F or JH-7A which are domestic Chinese aircraft that is at lower BRs in the same tree

Problem is no one really knows, it could be 72 Massive flares or a combination of massive and medium sized flares, once we have more info the bug reports will go out, although probably just to be denied by everyone’s favourite tech mod

I hope it at least gets 72 large CMs since that would put it somewhat on par with the currently available Chinese produced aircraft. 72 small countermeasures is going to be way too punishing, especially with how missile happy the 16 vs 16 top tier meta is

Did J-10A ever use BOL flare pod?

no there are no such things in Chinese planes. such things are not very useful in modern air fight, especially BVR, so Chinese planes uses ECM pod instead of developing things like BOL pods.
And china lacks experience in integrated multifunctional pylons, universal pylons are just adapted a few years ago.

2 Likes

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/nDT0MWfBvHxu
PL-8B

2 Likes

the “leading edges” (sorry if it’s a bad translation my English is bad) of the j10A are not animated, we can ask the question if they have been coded, this can have a negative impact on the stability and energy retention of the j10A at low speed

[image]

6 Likes

No its NATO restricted.

Nobody so far has been able to copy the system or make one quite as capable. Its also very unique in that BOL Flares are Pyrophoric.

Also several nations doctrine like China and France have emphasised that defence against IR threats is unlikely and therefore a lower flare count in exchange for other systems is prioritised on the Rafale and J-10.

1 Like