Chengdu J-10, History, Performance & Discussion

Does anyone know if J-10A uses night vision goggles?

Looks like it was used in some night training. So I guess it has NVG.

1 Like

Now that it’s an option, did the j10 carry any gps guided stuff?

yes it uses LS-6 bombs, I made a bug report to implement the Chinese GPS bombs, maximum support would be good

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/EQcCthxzfFDI

1 Like

The glide bombs? Not sure those will be added.

@dark_claw @pegabug Done
[DEV]J-10A Should have 72 large caliber countermeasures // Gaijin.net // Issues

5 Likes

there are FT-1 for export

1 Like

neat

IMO TT after J-6 should be separated into a “heavy fighter” line continuing up to J-11 and a “light fighter” line up to J-10.

The heavy fighter line can put in J-6A J-8I, J-8B, J-8F, J-11, and J-11A if the unimplemented aircraft are included.
Light fighter one can put J-6III, J-7II, J-7C, J-7E, J-7G, J-10 etc.

It is really weird to see J-10A goes after F-16A MLU.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen a video or photo, but I am sure I saw something saying it can somewhere but just HMD covers a lot of necessary use of Night vison.

I would actually weirdly want that cause i need F16 RN, and also considering J8I, J6III, J7C J7G are not in game, I think the chance of them lining up the multirole fighters is pretty big, but temporarily (hopefully). I would like J8H with PL11 and PL8 to come in on the heavy line. Q5 (first prototype) could also be interesting with PL2 capability as it was a direct modification from J6 and designated for AA combat fighter; J8 modified with F16 stuff could be a fun event vehicle as well.

72 large acknowledged!

12 Likes

are there any standoff guided missiles “to combat spaa” that the J10 can use?

Kd88’s I think. It’s not really a sead plane.

kd-88 is only seen in J-10C, though 10A should be able to use it.
but for SEAD, since J-10B it gets YJ-91(Chinese verion of KH-31), and ECM pod. Not sure if J-10A could

What about the C-704KD for the J-10AH? If the Mirage 2000-5f can be a bit if a mix of two very similar airframes, surely the J-10A and AH can be merged. A report on the JH-7A for this missile was acknowledged months ago: Community Bug Reporting System

1 Like

Could be possible, the problem is how to connect J-10 with C-704KD or C-701
I can’t found any pictures

This photo was used to reference the C-704 on the J10 a few times on this thread, but one photo isn’t gonna be enough of a source.
images (1)

C-704KD-Cruise-Missile-Zhenguan-Studio-1S

1 Like

and it’s J-10C, which also able to use KD-88, we need J-10A