Chengdu J-10, History, Performance & Discussion

There is indeed some rumor implying that putting missiles on the inner pylons may require some extra work so they do not often bother doing so.

‘Sticking as many missiles as possible’ is rare for PLAF. They almost only do this on static display during airshows.
Military parades in China also only take place on decade anniversaries rather than every year (like in Russia or DPRK). It’s not like they are really so fond of showing power by frequently displaying equipments.

2 Likes

Hope I can see it in the game soon, tired of all top tier aircrafts are duplicated.

1 Like

Like they can’t even be bothered to duplicate J11 for J11A but duplicated Su27SM instead since then they don’t have to properly rework the MAWS. You can see this from the glass being yellow on the J11A’s cockpit, J11 doesn’t have that.

4 Likes

Max search range 160km, upper range: 100km, downward range: 80km.

Capacity of shooting multiple targets: 6-8 data links for guiding PL-12 missiles(it should be set as 6 though because the maximum load capacity is six PL-12s).

I don’t think gaijin cares. The j8f can datalink 6 in game.

1 Like

这个模型过于粗糙了,歼10的复合挂架不长这个样子的

这是旧式双联,且实机停在中航总部门口

Can y’all use English

1 Like

Just use google translate.
What they said is:

Bad model, the composite pylons of J10 does not look like that.

This is a real plane in front of the AVIC headquaters it is the old style composite pylons.

4 Likes

Just follow the forum rules

3 Likes

PAF J-10C looks amazing

2 Likes

I really like a dark colour for J10, it looks so good, but PLAAF never does it…

I’m not sure if someone had posted this, for chin-mounted AAM. At least considered during design phase.

7 Likes

Never implemented as far as I know.

1 Like

Based on latest leaks, it seems this beautiful bird is finally coming. Just hope Gaijin won’t give it a dogshit radar

2 Likes

If those leaks are real. Fingers crossed but ya never know.

Perhaps Gaijin will directly copy from J-8F and rename it Type 1473

The j8f’s radar is actually pretty good.

1 Like