Charges on Soviet/Russian tanks being inconsistent

After the major update Air Superiority dropped, the charges in the carousel autoloader on Soviet/Russian tanks was fixed and would ammo-rack the tank if hit. But as time passed, it was reverted back to the charges not consistently causing an ammo-rack. If you hit the charges now it’s a fifty percent chance of it knocking out the tank or not. You can go check it yourself by going to the test drive for cold war NATO vehicles and then trying to shoot the T-64A, and you’ll see there’s some inconsistency with the charges. Sometimes the turret goes flying by just turning one of the charges red, or you could destroy the charge (making it black with a red outline) and nothing will happen. I don’t really see how this is fair, and it has maken me die a couple of times. In real life the tanks equipped with this type of autoloaders would always get knocked out if the autoloader got hit.

My proof being most youtube videos out there about the mentioned carousel autoloaders, and in real life conflicts.

1 Like

Its not just soviets,its literally every tank in the game. The amount of times i hit ammo of Abrams or Leopard just for entire block to turn black and them turning around and killing me is countless.

3 Likes

Nothing has changed.
Ammunition in-game, just like real life, is a chance explosion.
And T-series has identical chance as everyone else.

As for my experience, I haven’t had a T-series tank not explode in my memories, just Abrams and Leopard back when I played Assault Arcade a few years back.

2 Likes

Funny how when it turns black its still usable but wont detonate

1 Like

Having the same issue against German tanks

Abrams has blowoutpanels, literally designed so that of the rear turret got hit the turret crew wouldn’t die in a fiery inferno like in Soviet tanks

1 Like

You know blast doors can get penetrated by the round itself ?
Even if that wasn’t the case, ammo inside the blast doors should cook off, resulting in a loss of all ammo stored in that compartment. That doesn’t happen either.

Also, ammo blacking out and disappearing happen on loads of other, lower tiered tanks. So far I experienced this with like half a dozen of non-USSR vehicles.

1 Like

I remember hitting and destroying an entire rack (!) of ammo on the soviet SMK several times, while it does nothing…

1 Like

I lose my ammo when I get hit in turret in my abrams. It’s quite annoying, but realistic

1 Like

Sometimes that doesn’t happen.

I think i have had this happen once or twice in the last month. At least for russian mbts

1 Like

It’s an old vehicle with a problem of them modeling entire of the ammo rack as one piece, meaning no matter how many you have hit you will have same chance of ammo racking it as if you were to hit one shell.

2 Likes

Quite silly that they continue to add new vehicles, while all these are left on old systems…

Something like R6 Siege’s Operation: Health is needed.

Well they never do so.
Maybe a report could help but theres tpp many of these.

Well then that’s just a bug. Make a bug report or something

“hit”
Yes I know it happens on other tanks but i’ve been playing this game for a looooong time and it happens 75% of the time on soviet vehicles.

2 Likes