Chaos in the Skies: The Devastating Impact of the Su-25SM3 in War Thunder

In general, from the testing me and @Mongaroth33 did, it is not really a problem at all. 38MT launches past 10km are unreliable at best and the missile suffers from flight model and tracking issues. On top of this, the missile can be intercepted quite trivially (even a salvo of 3). Same when it comes to the ML which might be the better option to use.

just watch out for the radar display and you should be fine as SPAA

Can you actually pick it up on radar easily? (This will still be a problem for ADATS since its radar is ass but maybe other SPAA won’t be so bad)

it should not matter what radar it is they show easily as they are a big target

Yes you can, though me being in an ItO made it much easier to find and lock the missiles. Dont know about the ADATS but shouldn’t be too different.

if you have adats and want to test it out i am aviable

Sure, lets do it.

How did you not get used to it by now?

Ok so adats is unable to intercept it

ADATS moment

Uhhh you can’t IRST lock it lol. It just goes nuts when you try to do that.

… yeah. You can intercept it without relying on tracking though (however, its quite difficult to do).

3 Likes

best part on my screen the missile got intercepted and then it killed him

1 Like

Well I am used to it but when I was <200 games in it I was struggling to find anything alive at >5km distance so I have sympathy for people when they complain about its poor zoom as its quite difficult to adapt to it.

1 Like

gonna guess most sams can intercept it except adats

Probably the Type-81 too.

idk i do not own that

That’s only viable if you’re using mavericks, and at the moment the damage of mavericks is awful. You don’t see pantsir missiles coming at long distance, so it will hit you at 12-15 km if you’re not actively dodging to make the missile bleed energy. Better off staying at treetop level if you’re going in with gbus imo.

Even with a Targeting pod it’s hard to get 20km kills with a maverick. But zero chance without a targeting pod.

1 Like

as if the kh38 goes M2.2 in the dive phase lol

“aint no su25 dodging a 7f”

1 Like

Nah it’ll just eat it and slightly yellow the airframe

2 Likes

then go test it