Chaos in the Skies: The Devastating Impact of the Su-25SM3 in War Thunder

That is literally my experience as of one game ago where I overpressured a T-90M and a Leopard 2A6 by hitting both in the mantlet in my M3A3, while another T-90M ate two AGM-65Gs to the roof with no damage bar the ERA.

Well i’ve had very good time with the new mavericks

Cool, they are currently a direct downgrade compared to the 65Ds available in all ways except the chance to overpressure the target.

If I could I would like my RP back for them, but thats never happening.

They are very much a upgrade they are so much better

Categorically false in every respect.

They are identical in every respect bar the seeker and you can only bring a max of 2 of them compared to 6 65Ds.

As it is right now the 65D’s warhead is vastly more effective as it has penetration.

If it had overpressure there would be no reason to use the G over the D, and even then having 4 more Ds makes them superior by default.

Im using the Gr7 where i can bring 4

The pen doesn’t matter if i overpressure them easily

Cool so then the only difference is the warhead being different, with the F-16C its a flat downgrade carrying capacity.

Pen matters if you dont overpressure them easily which is exceedingly common.

It very common to OHKO with the new mavericks

I do it all the time

And it somehow isn’t for any other airframe, why single out the F-16 out of all airframes?

Well, actually you’re right, this is a problem with all planes. Just an F-16 with a broken FM OP in close combat

Now let’s actually look at the game files.

Spoiler

It’s enough to do that, though. BOOM and overpressure kill 3 man:

Spoiler

I even downloaded the datamine for mid-summer 2023.

Spoiler

I even downloaded the datamine for 17 November 2022.

Spoiler

Bruh. You don’t know how ammo cook and overpressure work or can’t admit defeat? Look here. 2s6 and ammo cook. Crew don’t turn black and don’t die because there wasn’t overpressure that killed them at the moment of impact.

And you picked a bad mate. I’m still waiting for panther’s video of t80 and 35km/h in 3.5 seconds. Too bad he will never make it because he lied and it is impossible. And he doesn’t want to admit it.

I have to agree with defyn you can chaff kh38ml
Shot it at F4 phantom and he started using cm it was on autolock on the plane all the time and it missed shot it at head on

lmao you did it again.

Still nope again, here let me pull out the differences between the code and how it should be implemented for a working HEAT warhead in game. Come to me TOW-2 stats.

This is what allows a missile to overpressure a target and exists alongside the standard armorpower penetration effects of the cumulative penetration on the TOW-2.

The AGM-65G also has the proper call for this damage while being modified to allow it to function as SAP as well.

However, the AGM-65D, B and A only have two different calls being within their cumulative damage calls and a preceding call which does not follow the proper format.

But for the missile to work properly it needs this line, which is not present, said line is present on the likes of the bullpups and a number of HEAT rockets like SNEBs.

A good example of this in practice on a lower level is SNEB rockets vs M247. Both function off of the same code setup, but the M247s lack this required line, and thus, due to this they only trigger overpressure when the likes of old hullbreak would trigger. This is why the SNEB, even though it has 50% less RE overpressures targets reliably, while the M247 almost exclusively triggers against open topped vehicles and extremely thin targets like old hullbreak.

shot 2024.03.23 11.46.49

Oh look at that I was able to ammo cook a IT-1 with a sabot impact, yet all the crew are black like they were overpressured. Curious, I was under the impression that sabots cant overpressure targets because they are inert chunks of metal.

No both ammo and fuel tank explosions can and will black the crew quite often in the damage viewer.

EG for the fuel tank with the TOW-2A-
shot 2024.03.23 11.55.27

gszabi and oshida discord. Our best dataminers. And they use that line for overpressure.

1. War-Thunder-Datamine/aces.vromfs.bin_u/gamedata/weapons/rocketguns/us_agm_65d.blkx at master · gszabi99/War-Thunder-Datamine · GitHub
  2. War-Thunder-Datamine/aces.vromfs.bin_u/gamedata/weapons/rocketguns/us_agm_65d.blkx at 2.23.0.38 · gszabi99/War-Thunder-Datamine · GitHub
  3. War-Thunder-Datamine/aces.vromfs.bin_u/gamedata/weapons/rocketguns/us_agm_65d.blkx at 2.14.0.28 · gszabi99/War-Thunder-Datamine · GitHub

Now to what the trickster most likely wanted to say:

We have agm65. He has X amount of TNT. Of that amount, X1 goes to shaped charge and X2 goes to HE. We don’t know what X1 or X2 equals in game. But for overpressure, we need that HE effect of agm65 with X2 power could pen armor at the point of impact. And it doesn’t depend on whether the shaped charge jet penetrated the armour or not because jet itself don’t create overpressure.

Little more info dude. At least whole screen, not part of the screen. Better video. I would love to believe it but I have to double-check everything. You with 99% chance did this in a test drive and I can’t repeat your screenshot.

See? I can’t do it in a test drive. So a little more information. I’ll be happy to believe you as soon as I can repeat your screen.

Went and did it against all the tanks on the test range just to sate that little need of yours to double check everything
IT-1

T-62

T-55A

T-10M

T-64A

Sounds like a skill issue, get back to me when you can do it against every tank in the lineup without firing lengthwise down the tank.

We were talking about ammo explosion, not about fuel explosion. It’s different stories.

All right. Let’s keep it simple. We go to discord. You stream the screen. You blow up the ammo on the it1 in rb test drive with apfsds. Like on your screen where dudes turn black before shrapnel arrives. You do it → I give you 1000 gold. Free gold for you because you are right ofc.

Wanna spend 3 minutes and get ez 1000 gold from stupid БрИт4нСкUй_П0дС0С?

1 Like

The issue is that it is capped at an unreasonably low value(20mm or 30mm, LOS; not plate thickness as it should be), and so many, many vehicles can simply shrug them off when they shouldn’t actually be able to since 24.5mm of RHA is practically the bare minimum for most targets, going all the way up to 45mm for some Russian MBT’s, and of course doesn’t account for ERA modeling either so they are likely to survive even after the change (should it occur) when they really shouldn’t be.

That fine and all, but the actual performance of the AGM-65’s HEAT warhead Overpressure is far lower than it should be assuming that as per the Wiki statement it is in fact limited by a hard cap to 20mm, LOS RHAe since it should be about ~75mm after the numbers shake out as per prior posted sources( HEAT to HE conversion for overpressure is 80% of the explosives mass ).

3 Likes

Probably yes, HE part should be bigger. But it’s up to the developers to decide/balance.

I highly doubt about such a conversion. I saw somewhere a long time ago some research where it was as 20-30%. I can’t remember where, I’ll try to look again. It’s hard to find any research on this subject.

I gave you 5 examples if you cannot re-create them in the same environment that is on you my guy, and no I have 0 interest in adding a random Russian on discord to prove a fact that I’ve already proven.