Chaos in the Skies: The Devastating Impact of the Su-25SM3 in War Thunder

Your kill cam shows that it cooked off one of the missiles in the tube, hullbreaking the vehicle.

Thats not overpressure my guy.

3 Likes

or you know… the fact it operates on a frequency not detected by nato rwrs

You must be the likeable person at the party (thought people would understand its a joke when I mention stealth technology)

do you have to highlight words

Don’t care if I was being honest, its mainly for blind people who fail to read messages

Considering that it goes up against aircraft that are between 20(8 if you consider the specific refit of the F-16C-50 we have, but then we are missing access to certain specific stores that would help like the; AN/ASQ-213 Harm Targeting System or ALQ-184(V)9, for example.) to slightly more than half a century older than it(F-105D entered service between 1960~'61), is it any surprise?

And if they were to actually add its contemporary systems the ordnance it would be facing would provide significant issues like the GBU-53/B, AGM-88E / -F / -G and others.

4 Likes

2 guys turn black at the moment of impact. Before the shrapnel hit them. That’s overpressure.

If you want to say that’s how ammo explosion works, I have a video with 100 leopard’s ammo explosions just for you (tested some stuff). The crew doesn’t turn black during an ammo blast.

idk what ur trying to say here

The Pantsir’s performance is artificially improved due to not facing contemporary threats. If it was they would have no issue dealing with it.

1 Like

İ just got out from match, its Gen-2.

I thought it was fixed thank you

I know the F16C is still gen 1

So NATO top tier helicopters (AH-64, EC665, A129, etc) no longer exist? Putting that aside, fixed-wing aircrafts already benefit from being able to pull 1.5X more Gs that recommended, reducing all SACLOS missiles efficiency by half.

They fixed Tornado’s targeting pod while breaking F-16’s while ago.

F-16 still has Gen-1, guess its too hard to fix for gaijin.

They are additionally covered as they are missing various stores that could be useful

As an example they are missing stores like the; AGM-114L, AGR-20 APAM, AGM-179B, etc.

???

The recommended limit in pilot manuals is (often) not the point at which the wings fail so in most cases would be available to the pilot should they need it since its not actually a limit of the aircraft, bust mostly done to prolong service life and other assorted logistical challenges faced IRL as it is only a recommendation not mechanically enforced, and as such limiting the F-16 solely to what is listed in the manual unfairly singles it out, since multiplying that limit by 1.5x would theoretically cause issues with the instructor allowing for deep stalls if the wing was modeled faithfully which defeats the point of the instructor in the first place and so puts it in an awkward position.

Its entirely a fabrication that it reduces the efficiency by half if all airframes were always capable of it in the first place.

Also IR /UV MAWS should additionally trigger on missiles post motor burn out due to skin heating.

3 Likes

Helicopters (especially those from NATO with small engines) can’t be locked by most IR seekers from medium range (>1.5km), but we aren’t going to talk about it, no?

AGM-114L is out of consideration unless implemented with strict limitations: higher spawn cost or lower numbers (<8). Spikes more or less perform well against SPAAs, the Hellfires, with 2 times stronger engine and warhead will do even better.

AGM-179…Similar case to the AGM-114L and there is very little public information about it.

What about the pilot resistance to such overloads? Can a expert pilot resist 12-15g turns for 1-2s like in-game? War Thunder stamina system doesn’t even account for the total overload over time, only instantaneous overload (another buff to aircrafts maneuverability).

I think they already do, but i may need to do some testing to prove it.

The F-16 already goes beyond its own capabilities. Exceeding which IRL is strictly prohibited.

You posting videos wont change the fact that there is no pressure damage lines in the files for the
HEAT warhead AGM-65 series and as Panther2995 has already stated, the techmods have said the feature wont get added.

You had a ammunition cook off that is the fact of the matter.

The shaped charge AGM-65 series warhead has more RE than the SAP warhead of the G, this is easily visible in game, yet the G has overpressure, while the HEAT warhead lacks this.

1 Like

HE overpressures better then HEAT

The TOW-2A currently overpressures targets more reliably than the AGM-65G so no, that is not at all the case.

I’ve been able to just smack the breaches of T-90Ms and cause them to case to be, while I’ve also dropped 65Gs directly onto the roofs of the same tanks and had them just laugh.

False

I’ve found them to be very good