Chaos in the Skies: The Devastating Impact of the Su-25SM3 in War Thunder

You can’t. The viewing angles at +33 - 55, with a 70 degree field of view side to side. You cannot side aspect a target.

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

5 Likes

Ahh, my mistake, thought it had better vertical limits than that. You can still offset 50° from a 15km launch and never enter anyone’s range, except your own teams.

Where are similar capability missiles for the rest of the tech trees

Clueless American main thinks it can look 90* horizontally

1 Like

Excuse me for overestimating and assuming Russians wouldn’t continue producing Soviet junk.

1 Like

When it comes to SPAA, the maverick is not much worse.

Remember, this is on the most vulnerable top tier platform.

You have F-16 with similar range and an actual useful airframe, and invisible missiles to kill planes that come to kill you.

Adding this to Apache will cause the addition of Izdeliye 305 and Verba Manpads on Ka-52, you don’t want that, trust me.

Go to 0:13, Verba has very good maneuverability, it is better than the igla and stinger which are old designs.

It is significantly worse though. And they refuse to give laser guided Mavericks yet not MLs, curious…

Yes… Most vulnerable that requires 3-4 Stingers regularly or 2 sparrows or sidewinders. Yet it is perfectly fine to remain entirely outside of enemy SPAA range, while hiding within its own Pantsir range to hide from aerial counters

You can fly low in F-16 and pitch up to kill Su-25. Bruh. Or do you fly above the battlefield straight to kill planes? Then die to pantsir?

😂

M735 used an older design to point of being outdated at the time of its introduction; still will be a crap APFSDS even if “fixed”. The first monobloc APFSDS for the L7 was M111 (later licensed produced as DM23 by Germany), that Israel used against syrian T-72s in 1982.

I do want that.

Heavy, hard point limiting junk. Every player that would take it over Vihkrs is a fool

We already have to deal with TY-90s, “ooh so scary”. maybe they will finally un-BS Stingers and Mistrals then

If russia gets a UV MANPADS maybe gaijin will finally unfuck UV seekers like Stinger’s

1 Like

Verba is better than mistral and stinger, it’s very new. But sure, they could do that when and if verba is added.

Everything I can see on it shows me it’s more like the East finally catching up t what the West has had for decades

sure, doesnt change the fact that it is better than stinger and mistral

If you played it, you’d know it’s almost always uncontrollable after a single stinger hit. It is slow. It has no anti air capability besides 2 missiles that are already disadvantaged by a slow launch speed.

And maverick Ds track at 10KM, the longest track range for a TV missile for over 2 years until the KH38T matched it. After the volumetric fix a few months ago, they are a OHK on SPAA 90% of the time. It’s every bit as effective, if a bit slower.

Make your arguments from fact, not emotion. You instantly insulted me in your first reply.

3 Likes

Nah, anybody defending this is so full of it they are beyond any decency from me

1 Like

Things aren’t going to go well for Russia if this happen. The AGM-114L not only it’s faster than the izd 305 by around 220m/s, but also uses a way superior tracking method.

The Izd without NLOS features is nothing more than a overweight Spike ER.

1 Like

Again, emotion guides your disagreement.

Play the SM3 and see for yourself.

2 Likes

I will shortly. Can’t wait for the idiot-proof gameplay loop in GSB