Chaos in the Skies: The Devastating Impact of the Su-25SM3 in War Thunder

I wish they would do a bit for Germany as they did for other nations … like with F-16J, Yak-38 and more. Just some minor stuff like Mavericks triple mounts for the F-4F or some standoff weapons for the Tornados. How should I use GBU’s which require permanent laser locks and relative proximity to the battlefield, while there are Pantsirs with 20km range? Its just bollux, it doesn’t work.

Others get whole fantasy jets added and for Germany everything needs to be so damn hyper historical. No…Ger just used Mavericks single mounts. No… Tornado can’t even mount GBU-24 on its wing pylons, cause…dunno. How fair is it if for one nation aren’t any compromises, while other get blueprint stuff with top equipment.

2 Likes

what about the yak 38?

uh huh sure.

1 Like

Germany got access to AIM-9J though

Not that I am against this addition but Germany did receive similar hypothetical equipment. Sure it’s not on the level of the 16AJ but still.

Back on topic: I do not understand how the devs are doing the same mistakes they already did with Ka-5X: a CAS that has better range than SAMs. Last time it happens there was similar topics with people defending the Ka-5X stating it was ok and easy to kill with a fighter…

No evolution in this game.

1 Like

Germans at the same time were asking for the historical AIM-9L without BR changes as it was 11.0 at the time (superior flight performance to other 9L carriers at 10.7 & below, while lacking the SARH capability of many 11.0 jets, etc), it was Gaijin themselves who decided to keep it with 9Js & lower its BR to 10.7 - because “it was performing well already”.

Which is extra funny when you consider the fact the only photos of F-4Fs with 9Js is of the early variants with different rails.

4 Likes

Now visible.

The historical loadout would have been AIM-9L, so congratulations…you found out that Gajin indeed adds hypothetical equipment … TO NERF ger jets. Aim-9J were only used with F-4F early models in the US, while F-4F late should have gotten Limas and Limas (i).

Press you have same issue. It’s about mim146 (adats) smoke.

source and what type?

But mUh su-25

1 Like

Can I please get enemies like this? Looks like they have a pantsir up that isn’t bothering to do anything. Normally I get killed straight away if I dare get within 10km of a Pantsir.

6 Likes

hah i shot one of these down with aps

Some advice

Two wrongs don’t make a good, just because the A-10A Late sits at 10.3 doesn’t justify the SU-25SM3 being absurd to face against. Most SU-25SM3 players are pretty experienced (since its a tech tree vehicle) and using more than 2 braincells can nullify all opposing anti air systems on the enemy team.

1 Like

The stealth technology integrated into the magical Pantsir S1 makes it impossible to detect on NATO RWRs. This is thanks to Russia’s extensive experience in the 2091 Russian - Alien war (this is a joke).

Aka he didn’t know a missile was out on him and managing to kill a Mach 1 climbing F-16C at 15km is absurd (now try it with the ADATS)

8 Likes

Oh hey look, what the Mig-27 has been doing for years now.

1 Like

NATO helicopters from 9.0 and onwards on the background

No actually. The missiles are quite easy to intercept so against a competent SPAA player the most a Su-25SM3 can do is either distract or take away 4 of its missiles. So it is actually the SPAA that needs to use more than 2 braincells, not the Su-25. Here is a clip of me doing just that against a salvo of 3 Kh-38MTs.

1 Like

Dropping 6 F&F ammunitions, and 2 laser bombs from atmosphere.
Damn, I’ve missed something, is that some premium Mig-27 or event Mig-27?

i love how you were just above pantsir search zone
Also people saying maverick does 0 damage ^ meanwhile maverick

1 Like

Try to launch them on horizontal angle and see how it works.

Want me to post some videos? You might wanna regret that claim.