Changes to Bomber Survivability

You know what a B-17 shouldn’t survive without instantly dying, or at the very least losing a wing? A whole Yak-3 slamming into it.


But some will say this is realistic, and not broken in the slightest.

6 Likes

Erm buddy do you have a source for that particular claim? Do you have evidence of a B-17 losing a wing from a Yak-3 crashing into it?

zFNS8ighRbqYe13

4 Likes

hAvE yOu sEen thE Bf110 gun cam video though?? according to my studies it was firing x4 50mm cannons.

and how about you aim for critical components and use AP next time?

5 Likes

Kid you not there’s another topic in these forums where I just had an argument about that exact clip (except it’s the crappy AI enhanced version).

4 Likes

Oh yeah sorry.

“This one B-17 had a bird strike to it’s right engines, it survived. So obviously the B-17s wing can withstand the impact of a Yak-3 slamming into it, totally comparable.”

Not a day goes by without someone using that as evidence of the B-17s durability.

3 Likes

Then again, at the same time, couple matches later. Things like this happen;


47mm AP though, so probably the reason it actually worked.
Make it make sense.
Atleast it was satisfying

Nice consistent bomb hits.

Still though… the BV 238’s pilots didn’t die. That’s multiple bombs with 100+ kg of explosive content exploding and yet the shrapnel doesn’t reach them.

2 Likes

Not to mention the blastwave. I mean humans are pretty squishy and not meant to whitstand those either.
There must be some interior walls in the BV238 made out of imagium

Historically speaking, how many fires should I start to burn down a bomber?

2 Likes

lol holy fires
literally became fire
everyone but the pilot died

Hey guys I found a way to one shot bombers

6 Likes

100g short of qualifying for fires through blast-damage now btw

(9% chance too)

1 Like

Have you tried german Ruhrstahl X-4?

Isn’t the collision damage a separate issue from the DM buff? There are videos showing two bombers’ wings slamming into each other like nothing before the DM buff.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/BNeDiUu8xYA?feature=share

I have, got just a “hit”. The other time i got a “critical hit”.

Also what does it matter? It shouldn’t be the only reliable way to take out bombers.
Especially since it’s found on only a single plane in the game.

I’m running into a problem in matches. My team’s fighters go after the bombers at the start of the match, they all get killed, and I’m left alone in my fighter against 4 or 5 enemy fighters plus some bombers. It happens over and over again.

1 Like

I ran four new tests. As follows,

1 : B-17G Rear-Aspect 76 mm HE Damage Test
2 : B-29 Rear-Aspect 76 mm HE Damage Test
3 : Multi-Crew Aircraft Pilot Kill Test – Both Pilots Must Be Killed
4 : 76 mm HE Nose Shot Test – One-Shot Kills on Buffed Attackers & Bombers

The details and results are shown in the videos.

If it is not too much. Would you kindly also test the air-burst?

1 Like

Sure. I can try it. I’ll need to find a reproducible way to detonate the HE shell near the aircraft without a direct hit.

(May be try /w M109G - M107 (PF))

2 Likes

Oh sorry, i thought the topic was about
image

My bad.