Changes to Bomber Survivability

Like I just said, both fighting / using my B-25s / Tu-1

(Also A-26)

If a semi competent pilot actually aims for engines, fuel tanks, gunner, etc I’m dead.

But I survive the people that just sit on my tail and don’t move.

1 Like

Currently bomber wings seem to be basically indestructible. Ju-88A tanks 5x50mm M-geschoss, so that’s essentialy 7,5kg of shells going 900m/s with 2200g of TNT total. Which is roughly an equivalent to getting hit by a goddamn 90mm HE round directly and… it just tanks it and keeps flying.
Tail falls off after 2 hits.
it’s beyond stupid.
A several of R4M to the wing doesn’t seem to do the job either.

thank you very much :)

1 Like

This isn’t actually applicable in some planes like the P-61. The 37mm was designed to delete bombers by hitting them anywhere. I shouldn’t have to have when flying that thing, bombers should be, just like in real life, free one shot kills.

the “balance idea” would be completely fictional

I didn’t know there were players out there who could play with their eyes closed.

I like bombers in naval, both AI and player-controlled. More fun to hunt them or to use them after the update.

1 Like

It makes the SF 40 heavy feel so much more useful now

1 Like

Anyone who sails in a straight line without playing the game usually gets blown out of the water within a minute as soon as someone realizes they ain’t trying to dodge.

@TheAnnoyingFinn


only acceptable way to play GRB after the buffs

Not sure what we are supposed to see in that pic :D You may need to write it down what the

is <3

1 Like

Vro says things like ts and wonder why he gets banned before

1 Like

You attacking people and getting banned by mods is on you vro

1 Like

Uh huh. Because that’s surely what happened. (It’s not)

And a temporary mute, because I swore on how nonsense the odds are for SL crates. But sure, you know so much.

image

…

This is literally by definition a personal attack

Saying he’s mad (due to me proving him incorrect before) is now a personal attack? What has this world come to…

Because you and him are doing the same thing btw.
Stalking.

Is it that shocking you end up finding the same people on a forum sorted by latest first? Very “on topic” of you btw.

But let’s hear out how accusing people of stalking and calling others salty relevant to bomber survivability.
(fyi, you’re not even the most replied to user I have)

It’s just an odd coincidence you happen to be replying constantly to only my posts in a disingenuous way, claiming things that never happened and so on, all to defame me.

I’m not going to keep replying, you’ve derailed enough, lied plenty, and cannot be civil.

The goading is on another level with you.

People that throw accusations of stalking and calls others salty can’t claim civility. In the first place, it was you who made this conversation about yourself, with this grand conspiracy that forum users are out to get you?

If we are to lie, as least do one that isn’t debunked in 3 seconds.


btw you do know people can see you… editing posts into more personal attacks… right?

Spoiler

1 Like

Yes the new bomber models . First of all ı like the new bomber models better than paper bombers version . But ı need to say there is still need to do a balance patch because the bombers survive in airfield with AA even with no altitude . İn real bombers should die 20 rounds or 30 rounds with cannon but now 50 cal. is more powerful for shut down a bomber . War thunder a game for its realism ı always gonna say that . I think this update is a step for good bomber gameplay . I mainly play fighters or two engines but ı love bombers too . I think with next updates this will fix too but right now its more better than paper bomber models but still needs work .

New test I did.

I tested pilot kills against a B-17 from a 90-degree side attack.
The test was performed in a custom mission, with the B-17’s defensive guns disabled in order to focus on the aiming and firing window itself.
In practice, this was quite difficult. The video includes both successful and failed attempts.
The effective firing window is less than one second, and precise cockpit hits require very accurate timing and aim.
In an actual battle, the attacker would also have to deal with defensive fire and a maneuvering target, so successfully landing this kind of shot would require both skill and some luck.