Changes to Bomber Survivability

Someone could argue the Do 217s but those handle horribly, fly like a brick, engines ignite easily, they’re very slow, and have a horrible turn time. Do 217 is the only one I know of tho

1 Like

Pe-3, Do-217, A-20, Ki-109, Tis Ma, Tu-1

1 Like

I’ve landed with my engine entirely burning and it is very cool.

1 Like

No, not Do217, they can’t be used in this way.

Well, yeah, they are quite bad, destroyed them on my pe-3
image

1 Like

From what I can see looking at the list in the changelog (War Thunder "Sky Odyssey" - Changelog), basically any bomber with offensive guns is there, and anything derived from a bomber has the new DM.

I mean I’m so slow and bombers spawn so high up I kinda have to lol. I just head on everything since it has great frontal armament and bullet proof glass. So not for dog fights but rather head ons

1 Like

I’ve landed without one engine and half a tail’s surfaces, iirc. It was a hard landing. One screenshot I saw from a guy who said that his bomber ripped in half just above the airfield, so he landed half of the bomber and had to wait 1:30 until repair.

1 Like

From scanning the list I’d say:

Pe-2
Tis-MA
Swedish T18 bombers

Was flying the low-rank Do217 fighter versions last night to get them respaded, they were quite tanky. Only deaths were collisions.

1 Like

Mine were from losing an engine and not being able to land

So dev was 52% for bombers 48 against, and now we’re at 60% for bombers and 40 against

I was doing some Ju-88A4 base bomb runs for an arcade task. I survived a heavy fighter’s barrage. Lost one engine to a fire, but one engine is sufficient to keep going. The enemy fighter was crippled and went down.

Wounder how Ju-288 will do now.

Bombers were too fragile. They always broke into pieces cause of some 50cal hits. So a buff was neccessary. For sure it was. But Gajin pushed it a bit too far :)

2 Likes

I like how heavy fighters like the Do 217 NJ and Ju 88 C-6 now have a meaningful role, as they are the only ones capable of engaging bombers due to their comparable durability.

I would gladly take a meta where specialized interceptors are the main option for taking down bombers, instead of being overshadowed by any high-climb-rate fighters.

2 Likes

Same here!

1 Like

Bombers are actually not that hard to kill. Just hit the engines with ap-i and leave, it’s supper easy. Some of y’all need to adapt

2 Likes

“B-b-b-but I can’t kill it by just shooting center mass!!! It’s too unfair!!! I actually have to be strategic about kill bombers now!!! It’s not fair!!!”

3 Likes

Lol, ap belts have never looked better this update

1 Like

I completely agree! It finally makes AP belts useful!

2 Likes