Changes to Bomber Survivability

I’m running into a problem in matches. My team’s fighters go after the bombers at the start of the match, they all get killed, and I’m left alone in my fighter against 4 or 5 enemy fighters plus some bombers. It happens over and over again.

1 Like

I ran four new tests. As follows,

1 : B-17G Rear-Aspect 76 mm HE Damage Test
2 : B-29 Rear-Aspect 76 mm HE Damage Test
3 : Multi-Crew Aircraft Pilot Kill Test – Both Pilots Must Be Killed
4 : 76 mm HE Nose Shot Test – One-Shot Kills on Buffed Attackers & Bombers

The details and results are shown in the videos.

If it is not too much. Would you kindly also test the air-burst?

1 Like

Sure. I can try it. I’ll need to find a reproducible way to detonate the HE shell near the aircraft without a direct hit.

(May be try /w M109G - M107 (PF))

2 Likes

Oh sorry, i thought the topic was about
image

My bad.

Idk, I had multiple fighter-fighter collisions after the update. For some reason most of the time I turned to mist and my enemy was relatively unscratched.

Collisions in general, with this netcode, are buggy. Even in tank combat, lol, have you ever experienced the sudden epilepsy your tank has when an ally touches it slightly?

1 Like

Oh i didn’t know you had 100% certain information that the new damage model changes aren’t affecting aerial collisions as well.
Even if it has been a recorded issue before, doesn’t mean the recent changes don’t have any correlation to it still happening.
It’s not a separate issue, it’s very much a related issue.

Tossing it into lava might help

Those were excellent freaking shots man. Noce work.

Or random dips in the train causing you to slam to a stop like you hit a rock…

1 Like

So you think it is acceptable for two bombers come out with their wings intact after crashing with each other at full speed before the DM buff? I say it is a separate issue because even the old collision DM need to be overhaulled.

hi Kefal

I tested this in a custom mission using a vehicle equipped with 57 mm VT rounds.
I fired with the shell passing just inside the proximity-fuze activation range.
This is what happened. (57mm VT only)

4 Likes

The new bvvd devblog has announced a bomber DM nerf coming soon!

image

image

2 Likes

@Kefal_Bravo_690 and @TheAnnoyingFinn

3 Likes

looks balanced enough

Uh oh, it appears the bomber damage models were overperforming after all.

Funny.

Also;
#MakeHEGreatAgain

5 Likes

they are addressing the issue of HE nonpenetrating!

1 Like

Yeeeees.
It is about time.

Answer regarding DM for multi-engine fighters, from the russian forum:

“That’s how it works: all aircraft are divided by size, number of engines, and type of materials. The first part includes multi‑engine bombers and other aircraft based on them; later, the plan is to process the remaining multi‑engine aircraft.”

1 Like

As expected, sanity prevails.

1 Like