Challenger 3 MBT - Technical Data and Discussion

The reload time on the second stage ammo rack for (Ch 3 TD) is 24 seconds instead of 12. Is this normal?
(I shot a machine gun to prove that the video is not in slow motion)

Yea that’s intentional, iirc it’s faster to wait for a round to be moved to first stage and then reload from first stage than it is to reload from the hull rack. I asked about this back when CR3 was added and they basically told me it’s a balancing thing so it doesn’t matter if the logic is flawed

2 Likes

There’s logic in this game?

4 Likes

Same thing with the Challenger 2s.

Just another way to nerf them.

Challenger 2 only has the relevant fast reload for 5 shots. Then, you have to wait for 24 seconds to reload the first order rack…

Even though the first order rack should be way larger on the first place (including all shells on the back of the turret) and even though for no reason should the Challengers take twice as long as every other tank in the game. But here we are.

3 Likes

Its even more daft when you consider that unlike the challies, the chieftains treat the hull charge bins as first stage ammo.

9 Likes

Shhhh. Then they might make the Chieftain’s ready rack 1

1 Like

Please no, I love donking people with me hesh

https://x.com/RH_BAES_Land/status/1820816502641103194

1 Like

i think this photo has been used before?

might be worth keeping an eye on Army Expo 24 x.com

I did some research on the Challenger 3’s turret drive

Curtiss Wright has been given the contract for the turret drive, therefore:

The turret drive used is likely the ERG 1500, this is made for larger turrets with 120mm armaments as stated in the brochure.

Earlier in the brocure the Turret Drive Servo System (TDSS) has a typcial performance of 1 radian per second. This equates to around 57 degrees per second of turret travse at maximum speed.

Keep in mind this is for a TYPICAL TDSS, not specifically the ERG 1500, but it should give a rough idea of how fast it could be.

57 degrees a second seems pretty excessive and I imagine it won’t be that high, but it should make something more reasonable like 40 degrees a second possible

I think that photo is old but the fact its being displayed at the expo is cool

Is the Army Expo 24 the same as the Army Experience 2024?

I cant find much info on a date

the big question is now, which drive does the chally have now?

Not that in the end they didnt change it at all

which chally?

chally 2s in general,

we dont really know, it’s not centaur we know that

Any Bets on which it will be? Hollow or Solid Mantlet?

man i spent months looking for that and somehow never clocked the max speed spec lmfao the pain

1 Like

I almost missed it because its in rad/s not degrees/s like I was expecting lol

That would be a non upgrade, as Cr2 can do 40/s on “war” mode.

Do we have any sources to prove this?