Challenger 3 MBT - Technical Data and Discussion

Greetings there am Duckmartin. This thread has been created to be the center point of gathering any publicly available technical date like pictures, videos e.g are any discussions regarding it’s technology demonstrator, prototypes and the challenger 3 it’s self.

Feel free to comment away but please do keep things on topic and also DO NOT UPLOAD ANY CLASSIFIED INFORMATION

(Picture of the Challenger 3 Prototype 1 2024)

Challenger 3 MBT Technical Data.

Crew - 4

Weight - 66 tonnes

Mobility.

Engine - 1500 HP diesel engine from MTU

Transmission - TN54E

Suspension - 3rd gen hygrogas suspension

Max speed - 60/96 kph ??

Armament.

Gun - L55A1 120mm smoothbore gun

Elevation and depresion -10 to +20

Ammo capacity - 31

Ammunition
. DM63A1
. DM73
. DM83
. DM11

Secondary gun - 7.62 L8A2

2×5 smoke grenade dischargers

ESS - Unknown

Armour.

Internal - RHA skin with Farnham.

External - EPSOM add-on armour kit

APS - trophy aps

Equipment.

Laser Rage Finder - Yes

Night Visions Systems - Yes

Day Vision Systems - Yes

NBC Protection System - Yes

Radio Systems - Yes

Boiling vessel - Unknown

(I will update this as I get more information on the Challenger 3 MBT)

(Challenger 3 MBT Source’s)

https://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/challenger-3/

(If any new information does comes available I will update this thread asap !!)

Also please do not share are uploaded any classified are restricted information to this thread thank you !!

8 Likes

I think basically it is too early to discuss about this vehicle as not even prototype is made. It’s still on construction.

Even design of new turret is not finalized as Trohpy APS mounting on turret has just started testing.

5 Likes

DSEI this week (Tuesday onward) so there should be some updated press material regarding Challenger 3 coming very soon.

Rafael published a video of their Challenger 3 Trophy APS test rig a few days ago

Suggests we may see a much thicker central section of the UFP on Challenger 3 compared to CR2 or the added armor shown there before

6 Likes

Hopefully my Challenger 3 suggestion is accepted soon

1 Like

Like currently we only have pictures of the Challenger 3 Technology Demonstrator, but hopefully by the end of the year we will see the official challenger 3 prototype ??

That’s just a trophy mount test structure. It has no relevance to CR3 at all. The intial reveal if CR3 is the CR2LEP which is more or less a CR3 prototype. We haven’t even seen CR3 yet we don’t even know what it will look like as RBSL even said it will have a completely redesigned turret.

The added armour seen before is just a normal CR2 hull that add on armour can be found on the TES and other CR2 variants. We even bug reported it to gaijin a long time ago.

1 Like

Gaijin makes another mistake as calling this prototype. It should be rather Technological demonstrator.

Let it be. I think it will be changed in the future, to match the protos that will be irl, and then we will get Cr3 prod

Will it have blowout panels?

Not sure. It is a possibility but not granted. We will have to see

Agreed

No

not sure. The rear needs heavy modification to install all those racks, and modified once more(though reverted) to use the 130 mm autoloader. Installing such big machines may need turret roof to be opened

Blow out panel by mechanical wear of screws holding the roof together. GENIUS

I don’t know where you mean ‘screws’

1 Like

A joke. It was a joke

@00:21 isn’t he reaching into an ammo compartment?

Wouldn’t this indicate a blowout system?