Challenger 3 MBT - Technical Data and Discussion

Exactly, why bother? Nerf’d based on the production vehicle… But no production vehicle blow out panels.

2 Likes

why… why would you beat a dead horse. The Simpsons Stop GIF - The Simpsons Stop Hes Already Dead - Discover & Share GIFs

I know you want to have an accurate game, but your stealing from a player base that has nothing to begin with. Its like beating up a homeless man and pulling the metaphorical rug under him. All because he happens to be in the same area as you.

1 Like

Gaijin likes to selectively chose sources to make Britain suffer the most :)

The lack of blowout panels wouldn’t be an issue if it had DM63/DM63A1 (as they don’t explode when hit), it never fired DM53 in real life.

Let’s not forget that the damage and visual model don’t even fit, meaning the tank’s turret face is noticeably less angled than it should be…

This part too, the plates aren’t accurate to the visual model, they’re at weird angles and phase through eachother too. It isn’t even symetrical to the other side, so much for a “rework”

Ain’t worth playing imo. Waste of development time and money considering the end result is a vehicle that’s now worse than those it was supposed to replace, for most people it’ll just end up being a dead tech tree vehicle to add to the collection.

I believe it has the base ch2 pre-rework damage model for some god only knows reason.

The only reason it exists is they wanted to sell the OES but couldn’t do that due to “no top tier premiums”, so they just put this thing in.

That’s it. That’s the entire reason it exists.

1 Like

All we can do is make a bug report and wait 2 years for a fix that creates other problems.

They’re not top tier… They’re 11.3 not 11.7… A mod once claimed. Equivalent to saying you can’t pay to complete the game… But you can pay to be put on the last level with all the other 11.7 players XD.

The funniest part is that Gaijin ALREADY made and implemented Challenger 3 (TD)’s correct turret…

But they reverted it for some reason. I assume by accident.

And yet it’s taking them months to fix it.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/mWd3XAjD2kZu

2 Likes

I will share a pice of information that i got very recently. This model might looks very simmilary to the old one, but actually it is a completly new one. And well, developers are reluctant to work on it, as they have no info about the armor, its placement, dimensions etc.
So unless we get more info on the LEP (level: impossible) it will be a while before we get a update.

2 Likes

Not really…

The new turret model actually had the correct shapes and angles, but right now it only has a pre-rework CR2 turret damage model.

Im telling you, it is not the same model as the original one. I was suprised whie hearing about it too.

1 Like

Wasn’t the original LEP turret a converted leopard 2 turret?

No

I thought i was this was from a post ages ago.
At the International Armoured Vehicles (IAV) conference in January 2019, Rheinmetall revealed its Challenger 2 LEP proposal. This has a brand new turret with the L/55 120mm smoothbore gun. Although externally the new turret looks similar to Challenger 2’s existing one, Rheinmetall has taken an existing Leopard 2 turret and comprehensively re-engineered it. Ammunition storage is in an enlarged turret bustle and below the turret ring in sealed compartments. Rheinmetall plans to use the same sensors, fire control system and BMC4I solution as Ajax. While Rheinmetall’s Challenger 3 certainly looks impressive, it is likely to be much more expensive per MBT than the changes envisaged by the scope of original Life Extension Programme.

That turret looks more simmilary to Cr2 one, with internal layout, outside look and even things like rotation mechanism, controlls, placement of the periscopes, crew seats and there even is a bracket left for the dart over the rotation mechanism.

1 Like

Ahh ok fair enough.

well thats not quite correct, stealing would mean we take it for ourself

Ok, Vandalizing our tanks ;)

I imagine we have no idea what the gunner primary sight for the CR3 looks like?