Challenger 3 MBT - Technical Data and Discussion

apparently works out about the same after you account for the new ammunition stowage and subsystems

1 Like

As far as I’m aware the listed weight for the Challenger 3 is 66 tonnes

That’s what is listed on the British Army website, the Challenger 2 has a combat weight of 62.5 - 64 tonnes without added armour

That thing is a speculated weight, it is there for years.

Yet another way in which they neglected Challenger 3 (TD);

They made a new, larger and more detailed L/55-L/55A1 module model which they gave to every Leopard tank…

Yet they couldn’t even bother to copy-paste it into Challenger 33 (TD) lmao

l55

If you are wondering, tne new gun module model is actually a big deal; since it’s much larger, it’s significantly better at catching spall and even absorbing entire shots. But I guess Challenger 3 (TD) could not even benefit from that.

I just made a bug report, but I don’t expect it to get anywhere.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/ygfhh4VJaPxc

3 Likes

wait yall get a new breach model?, dude that’s great that means it will eat more spall now i want that in my 2A7V

2A7V has it already, and it sometimes stops even full shells now!

1 Like

time to play it that sounds like fun

Bug report for the laser warning that it shouldn’t have
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/cFGEAyRPu5Rj

3 Likes

you are late to the party, there are at least 2 i have seen.

I searched on the community bug report website and didn’t see anything

Hmm, let me check

Well, i also cant find them. Then they probably got deleted or they are lost in the oh so great search function.

The search function sucks ass so probably

3 Likes

They never should have added the 3TD, if they want it to be realistic they should just get rid of the entire turrets armour

5 Likes

At this point just remove the challenger 3 from the game, basically nothing is confirmed yet as its still in testing

1 Like

It’d still be made up of stacked steel or armour plates to simulate the additional weight on the cheeks anyway

At this point we should see how many features we can get removed from the 3TD by using the double standard Gaijin have set.

Time to bug report that it has no composite armour.

8 Likes

Honestly now Im not even gonna touch the damn thing…

7 Likes

I’ve already removed it from the lineup and added the base challenger 2 instead, less chance of getting ammo racked and a spall liner. Yeh the round isn’t as good but who gives a **** when you’ve got the same mobility, better survivability and you’ve gotta aim for weak points still anyway.

1 Like

The Challenger 3 TD is worse than the 11.3 Challenger in my opinion now, its genuinely a useless top tier

The Black Knight and 2E are infintely better than the 3TD

The 3TD is now slower, worse survivability (ammo in turret without blowout panels), longer reload, worse turret armour etc…

Especially considering the normal Chally 2’s got their ammunition moved to a better location, there is literally no reason to play the 3TD now

7 Likes