Challenger 3 MBT - Technical Data and Discussion

Oh no, you are going to summon them

Just noticed top speed of the CR3 is the same 59KM/H as all CR2 with the 1250HP engine
But the CR2E has a top speed of 72KM/H due to its 1500hp engine
Surely the CR3 should have the same top speed as the CR2E?

2 Likes

Germany is great there is nothing to see here go back to the leo thread definitely Russians moaning there

its not the same transmission

4 Likes

Nah, different transmission

2 Likes

Not engine, transmission limits the speed

1 Like

fixed

nope

Exactly my point

1500hp same transmission, limits the top speed. From what i remember its capable of a higher top speeds but it limited due to likelihood of damage.

Does it feel like it accelerates much faster than the other Challies then? If it has the power of the 2E engine on a transmission with shorter gear ratios, it should have the best acceleration of any challenger, right?

Ohh definitely, might be worth doing a side by side comparison video, tho i think the E has a different transmission

Sadly my Cr3 is stock, but i will try to spade it tomorrow, and i can compare it with someone.
Or i can ask someone to remove the mods and we can compare

3 Likes

I’m away from the pc over the weekend so I’m only 120k rp into the challenger 3 atm, the challenger 2e is a beautiful upgrade tho

Cr3 is good. It is a baby of BN and 2E

1 Like

I imagine the increased firepower would be nice upgrade, im going to talisman the black Knight, the 2 e and probably the challenger 3p so they’ll be my top tier grinders. The oes is a pos

Fire power is nice, you have a elevated gen 3 commander sight, better mobility, but worse than (curse you wonky gears) 2e. 2e gunner sight with gen 3, no APS, armor is the same(no turret liners)

2 Likes

Man I need to get ground RB tips from you guys. It takes me a lot longer than a day to spade to top tier ground vehicle.

There is a limit of what i can do on forum, but what do you usually play?

Top tier takes me longer to spade tanks because the games are so inconsistent