Challenger 3 MBT - Technical Data and Discussion

Extremely similar in optical layout and commanders optics too…

Ugh… I hope we get as many fixes regarding all of these tanks, Challenger 2s and 3 and SEP and SEPv2 in particular, next week…

Soon, the developers will be going on vacation for Christmas. I hope we get as many things fixed as possible before this happens!

2 Likes

Zero chance of that happening

1 Like

They’ll come back after new years with a dev blog about how they had lots of thinking and discussion…

…and decided the Challenger series of tanks are maybe modelled incorrectly, but according to our statistics are performing adequately!

2 Likes

What does this model say really? So we have CR3 weighing in at 62.5t and T90M with all addon armours weighing in at 50t. Are they really saying that British engineers are such failures at engineering they would make something so inefficient. Like I mean seriously, what do they think we’re smoking over here.

Are they implying our understanding of material science is 20 years behind Russia or what? As if we haven’t the brains to create our own Relict ERA or something. Or is it more so just a case of NATO underperforming massively in this game.

If you gave CR2 / 3 full spall liner protection, buffed all forms of Chobham, get rid of the hollow breaches, buffed the pens of the guns, increased mobility, added neutral steering, made the TES kits better than useless… maybe then you would have something that resembled reality. Probably the same for the Abrams.

I’m gonna be a Russian main from now on though, ya know what they say. If you can’t beat em.

2 Likes

Funny enough there’s even photographic evidence of the US ERA having angled steel plates inside similar to the BVM side bags… But they’re not modelled on the Abrams

Screenshot_20231216_023228_com.android.chrome_edit_366159427606626

5 Likes

New Record, the guy managed to die with Challenger 3 in just 1 minute and 20 seconds.

Challenger 2 or 3, they’re still the same thing; you only play for the looks, but there’s no reason to have them, and as many say, Chally 3 is just a worse Leopard 2.

You call this a record? I left the spawn protection and got a bomb to the head

1 Like

I don’t really see the Problem here. The basic weight of the Challenger 2 is known to be about 62.5 tons, that much is a fact, so the CR3 TD being 62.5 tons is probably about right.

You’ve got to remember that the CR2/3 is physically a significantly larger tank than the T-90.

This ^, honestly its weight isnt a problem aslong as it keeps the 1500hp engine. like ive said before only real issue i have is that it lacks the turret spall liner “because its a Tech Demonstrator”

Need all of the turret ring internal shots of challenger 3 TD footage we can find, please and thank you.

3 Likes

I can provide you with them in around 5h

4 Likes

The weight wouldn’t be an issue in any of the challengers if they made the steering system work properly.

3 Likes

Here it is

Spoiler

The lack of spall liner in the turret argument is stupid tbh, the coax gun isn’t even installed

2 Likes

I think it had coax, just for the sake of this presentation it was removed

Maybe for the sake of presentation the spall liner was removed from the turret

/s

2 Likes

Maybe :)

It’s a German made turret right on the CR3?

I vote, just blame the Germans :P