Challenger 3 MBT - Technical Data and Discussion

This is 1 of 8 different prototypes btw

I’m curious about its KE

lets not forget that gap of air in the cr2 is needed for the togs. that wont be required for the cr3 BUT would spaced armour be needed?

also its very strange but my ocd tells me if the gun was aimed down the breech wouldnt be faced with the turret cheecks. its triggering the f. out of me. i cant make sense of it.

I think this is a brand new turret, but due to the use of an old CR2hull, it is unlikely that the position of crews inside the turret will change

This prototype, along with further prototypes to follow close behind, will soon show their capabilities on trials. “further prototypes to follow close behind”

little off the topic, do you have any data about this tank @DevilO6
e9233fe92aadc89ea1a24de21fdcdc5

maybe this does

Wepl, i do not need to do anything this time around

thanks

did anyone submit the challenger2 street fighter?

Not afaik, leeme check that

Old Challenger 2 Streetfighter II - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum
On the new forum, no

Do they need to be on the new forum? Looking at the previous suggestions list, it is not there.

It was not passed, so yea
Also all Suggestions, even passed can be made once again, the devs keep the old sugg, but the new one can be made, and if it is passed they will both complement eachother.

Then somebody should remake them, or poke the original creators to repost them here :)

Comparisons aren’t perfect as the images aren’t 1:1 but

Turret Cheeks:

Spoiler

Cheek comparison: TD has a smaller cheek face that has a forehead slope up to the turret roof, what we saw from IAV trades the forehead for a taller cheek - cheek armour is external and not part of the turret shell. It’s also worth noting that the cheek doesn’t extend as far towards the centreline, with the mantlet now moving further out from the centreline, which the hook mounting points (mentioned later) can be used as reference for. The mantlet is also taller to match the cheeks.

Optics:

Spoiler

The turret seen at IAV has an extra optic but you can see that the location and shape of the C/GPS and the Loader’s periscope are identical, excluding the lack of protective hood on the IAV image. To the left of the GPS you can see the sloped plate that covers the flat area visible behind the GPS in the IAV image. Similarly the sloped plate around the Loader’s periscope hides the cupola that’s visible in the IAV image.

CR2 CPS Cutout:

Spoiler

The TD, using a CR2 turret, retains the cutout for the old CPS, which is replaced with the CITV that’s now located to the rear of the turret. The flat lighting caused by the weather makes it awkward to spot, but that cutout is still present in the IAV images. It’s also worth noting that all the features of the cupola remain the same as on TD also.
(apologies for the low resolution on this one)

Hook Mounts (idk what to call them):

Spoiler

The mounting points for hooks that are used to lift the turret for maintenance also retain their position, though obscured by the taller cheeks and mantlet.

Hopefully this is because it’s just the TD turret testing a different armour arrangement rather than one of the new fabrications, but as it stands LEP TD (2019), CR3 TD (2021), and CR3 IAV (2024) all use the same turret shell.

well, I just submit the CR3P1, I hope it can pass

dont be shy, give us the link :)

I disagree with your idea, I think it is a new turret on CR3p1

still pending ^-^/

1 Like