Challenger 3 MBT - Technical Data and Discussion

Yeah as this is one we got yesterday is meant to show how it will be when its adopted so it properly does have the liners

]

Yeah its taller which will help somewhat but the LOS is still roughly the same with the addon plate. (as far as I can see ofcourse).

It’s better than nothing. Has the hull also changed the armor?

Of course there is little doubt there haha, I’m unsure if they increased the protection, its possible newer composites have been used. But little evidence of that yet.

I can’t wait to see this tank in WT anymore

Newer composites would of been used as we know they have already signed off on new armour

1 Like

If Gaijin end up implementing this version with the new armour packs it would be illogical not to have an increase in protection - especially given there’s no obvious weight savings mentioned as a programme goal and the chally 2s hull array isn’t exact up to date.

did i understood wrong on the devblog? when they say the bug reports that have allredy been fixed or will be fixed in the future the spall liner is there

It was added with the information that were at that moment, Fireball recently got photos of spall liner on the hull sides

so youre saying they accepted the cr3TD to have spall liners on the turret but not the hull?

no, they accepted 3TD havin at the ufp, as it was unchanged to the Cr2, Turret does not have spall liner. Now it will get on the hull sides and lfp

1 Like

Hull side spall liner
What a good day

Denied due to lack of primary souce ;)

so when they speak of this bug report:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/4fQYkCB8Opd5

they only added the spall liner to the ufp?

Yes, as at that point we did not had hull side pictures, only ufp and turret

ok so, what reason would there be to remove the spall liner from the tech demonstrator?

The turret inside was flipped upside down due to digitalization, and there was no reason to reinstall them as TD was never ment to see combat

Wait its denied now or not
should i be sad or happy

wink face so a joke