Challenger 3 MBT - Technical Data and Discussion

kinda looks like a tank someone would make out of lego

It’s obvious that the hull is thicker

This Angle looks a bit like an MBT-80

1 Like

You can tell it’s missing its external skin. I would also guess with how the breach looks and what we can see from the roof and sides it would appear there is more armour to be added on

If the hooks haven’t moved then its not really thicker as much as its just a bit taller.

It is thicker in some places, but I think that is just because its no longer an add on piece of armour but is properly integrated into the hull now.

bruh they just got bigger hooks

jokes aside, if its taller reason should be the new composite

Yeah the area of coverage is little larger as the addon is integrated now. But It doesn’t look markedly thicker. Might have reduced the construction angle somewhat but without like for like photos its hard to judge.

Cr2 left and Cr3 right. Drawn from the drivers hatch at 90 degrees.
Just how i think it is, roughly the same armour protection, with better integration and different sloping

1 Like

I think that’s a fair guess until we get more photos.

Right its taller looking, but it comes roughly to the same place up to the hooks. So in LOS its roughly the same when hitting the middle of the plate.

Now i have your attention check out this Community Bug Reporting System
That’s right, we designed the Cr3 just so you would look at bug reports!

This should be a DM, but you’re lacking a full uncropped screenshot from when it happened and a CLOG from that session. It cannot be forwarded until you have that information.

hmm ill dm you

This may be the increased thickness

Dman it man, i told you get clog :/

Maybe I’d hope the array is a little thicker downward reducing the area that is unarmoured on the LFP.

The current array already extends further than that;

does anyone know if it has spall liners in the turret
The new one

Bit early to know that, but I doubt the protection will be dropped from the standard CR2. The only reason the CR3TD in game doesn’t is the CR2 LEP the turret it is based on didn’t have them in. But as its a TD its expected some stuff is missing.