Challenger 3 MBT - Technical Data and Discussion

Yeah, looks alot bigger, all i can say this turret looks alot more complex than you could tell at first glance

Has anyone else noticed how rushed into the game the TD seems?

the damage model and the actual model don’t even line up properly

can i intresst you in a tank called the Type 10?

Yep it sure is, give them up to a year and it will be done

It’s almost funny just how bad it is, the angle on the turret cheeks is straight up just wrong, on Xray it uses the same turret model as the Chally 2 but with the whole new turret design on the main model

it’s actually insane how much they don’t line up

“everything else, except the turret ring, is brand new”

“a network enabled, digital main battle tank” i wish gaijin would implement this, for example, lasing a target gives other cr3 info on theyr position like the scout or the drone spoting

the flat top in the mantlet area may be hiding a plate on the inside, you can actually see something white connecting there

Spoiler

cr3 poss

Because the entire turret was a mess, it was impossible to properly place the L55A1 without modifying the original CR2 model

CR3(4)
CR3(3)
dragon

this really isn’t what I was talking about, the actual Xray model of the NERA and internal components don’t even match up with the new turret at all and it’s just funny how bad it is

It should have its own DM sure, but… since RBSL confirmed the protection levels on the CR2 LEP turret (what we have in game) are the same its largely immaterial. You’re not missing out on any added protection.

Hopefully when the DM is refactored as per the blog the CR3TD will get its own one just for the sake of it not being a 1:1 copy of the CR2.

CR3 TD turret
I made a rough giff just to better visual show how bad it is

1 Like

Could, i wanna see a top down view of this thing. Then we can get a better look at it

As i said prior this turret looks very simple at a first glance

lol im keeping my hopes up but…

I wonder about the mantlet armour, as Cr3 has Leo like flat block that attaches it to the turret, unlike Cr2 that has a rotor.

Judging By first impressions I would say improved, The whole turret Looks thicker

Maybe more like a Leopard 2 structure
Leo2

Frontal arc protection values were set at 500mm KE minimum per the tender requirements. The mantlet being the weakest spot should therefore be at the 500mm KE minimum value.

So even with the Leo flat block it should still work out to ~500mm KE.

4 Likes

Thats rather impressive, 500mm on a gun breach Is a huge step up from what we have now in game. Although this tank won’t appear in game for easily 3+ years.

Although I am still waiting to see some top down pictures, I wanna see this turrets real size

Would explain why the roof above the gun shield slopes down

There is alot of material in the gun breach, its just not a single mono-block piece.

You can actually see the requirement in the Challenger MLI Turret;

Spoiler