Challenger 3 MBT - Technical Data and Discussion

Real Question, Is the TD turret meant to be this high ? Since I just got shot under it

Don’t worry she’s just got some Abrams syndrome but it’s not too bad

Yeah like it’s the first time in like 50 battles, just surprised me

Potential future upgrade… We hope XD

Maybe we get some renders of a extra amor package tomorrow

Not a fan tbh. I hope there are visual changes for the final service ready version.

1 Like

There is something very odd With this things turret ? Look it Looks like It is going down behind the gun Manlet almost ?

Even the bolts slope down with it ?

Does the Roof move with the gun breach ? Wouldn’t be the first since the CCVL and HSTVL does it

The Manlet is even further forward too ? So whats behind it

Rear of the turret is also larger to the point that it lips over ?

It’s probably just the new ammo storage. The normal turret was made for 2 piece ammo remember.

1 Like

That part I get, But why does it slop behind the gun shield, You can tell by the sun light reflections. It’s a strange design.

Like that funny welded on bit on top of the Gun shield Seems to helps protect the area behind it. Maybe by causing the round to tumble ?

So from the latest information this is the first of 8 prototypes of challenger 3 !!

1 Like

I still don’t get why the breach area is still so large when is doesn’t need to be

1 Like

Im just curious how its gonna look with aps

Surly if they made the turret cheeks extend further in like this it would improve protection and put less weight on the mechanism or is it because they want to make the gun easier to replace by just fitting the whole damm thing through the mantlet or smth

I’m guessing it’s to allow for good gun depression, but I’m not sure.

There is defo something since it slops behind it ?

Could also be the uk hiding whats behind the gun shield much like what they did with the chifitan?

Now we wait to see the next 7

The turret top already slopes behind the mantlet front on chally 2. Heres a rough cross section:

and at 20°

1 Like

Yeah it does but not to the extremes of this tank, you can see with the angle its descending it will be deeper

You can see the roof on the classic chally 2 angles down and meets flush with the other parts of the turret and sits just above the gun shield.

On the chally 3 the area above the gun isnt in line with the rest of the turret, its descending

You can see a noticeable gap behind it here too, Sure chally 2 had a gap around the edges too but You can see the turret roof from behind it

Terrible drawing But it almost feels like this, although my dimensions are most likely off

(without the cheek armor, the citadel cheeks are shaded)

Probably the new ammo storage and maybe blowout pannels?