Challenger 2 needs to be brought to developers attention

I’ve emailed Mr Hewes. I’m not expecting a reply but worth a shot!

1 Like

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://f-old.a0z.ru/2a/f2/Armor_Basics.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiev6jPmoKDAxXbywIHHfzAABI4ChAWegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw0GAUg0De2zKY-MVkGuX1dx
Another find

7 Likes

Since I don’t want to flood this thread: Spall liners in British vehicles Data Dump

1 Like

Calling it now:

Mr ‘Not a Bug’ will proceed to say that he doesn’t consider it a valid source. Because reasons.

If the devs don’t even consider Janes Defence reliable (according to whom? the Ru MOD?) then I don’t know if they’ll accept Haynes. The hypocrisy is honestly getting old now…

4 Likes

Wtf Janes is THE source for military technology

Yep, it is not considered a reliable source, you can use it as a last resort secondary

Alas, that is the mentality we are dealing with. Any non-Russian source has to meet an almost dizzying burden of proof to be accepted.

Gaijin then refer to Janeski Defenski - or whatever RU equivalent they have and happily take it as gospel.

1 Like

I’m currently rewatching all the tank chats from the tank museum. They mention 12s for 360° rotation on Chally 2

Sadly videos aren’t evidence
Even though these guys have the tanks are maintain them and know a lot about them

1 Like

12s is the Rotation we have now

Funny that even the visual model has thicker side skirts on the TES and OES than their bs nerf. The ERA is currently hanging in the Air

1 Like

If anything then they should model the gap as spaced armour?

1 Like

ehh, and here are the things. One the “dust cover” that will be there now? And it will be with what thicness?

Well, is this thing for real a dust cover? Dust cover on a composite brick and wall? Why would you do that?
And if no they will add a what? some kind of a structure that will have no armor at all?

you even can see the BOLTs in the picture which means that there is a plate behind that, which its bolted to and no air gap like we have now

1 Like

And there is a second thing. The front part of the plate is 40mm thicc, as there is a fender there. Thats why there was another plate added there between the 40mm and ECM box. So, if that was added, why only on the front. Past the fender/1st drive wheel here is a place for the composite at the back of the plate. That is why im trying go get a 2h/2i belly shot, to see if the composite is there. On 2g it is not there, but 2g and 2h/i have a different backplates. WHY IS IT SO HARD. They should have left it alone.

1 Like

you can just see right through the gap to the bar armor behind it XD

2 Likes

I still can’t understand if this is a fixed or a nerf.
they add a steel at top in dev
and extended the thin composite armor inside.
but missing thick one

in live server

2 Likes

Gun mask now has less armour in a recent data mine?

1 Like

What does added cumulative protection equivalent mean for ERA