Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

God I hope we get a higher tier ifv this year, jesus…

1 Like

You have… They just put the Falcon up in BR XD

5 Likes

what br will it be

Which museum is it? If it’s close by I wouldn’t mind an excuse to go to a tank museum.

1 Like

It’s going to 8.3 where it’ll continue to face light vehicles to shred lol

1 Like

I imagine he means Bovington Tank Museum

Falcon is going to speed run to 12.0

I do :)

1 Like

Then I’ll probably see if I can make a quick trip sometime this week or next week. I love going there and now I can at least help a little. Although I’m not sure how I’m going to go about asking whether or not the backing plate is made of steal or aluminium lol.

Easy! If it’s on display, no need. Bring a magnet and quickly try to magnetise to the Bulldog Mk.3’s backing plate. If it doesn’t stick, either: The paint is too thick or it’s made of a non magnetic material.

Aluminium is non-magnetic
Steel is.

This will give us decent results o7

1 Like

Np. I’ll look shady but who cares. I’ll use a neodymium magnet just to make sure it really is steal.

3 Likes

I mean, that is yet simple yet flawless

Checkmate, Snail, can’t disprove magnetism lol.

1 Like

I can see it now, ‘this youtube video of some random british person sticking a magnet to a bulldog is clearly edited, look they have a blurred face showing it is!’

Anybody want to squad up for some Chally games?

If they fix the challengers I’ll buy every premium on the storepage.

Hopefully someone from the sales department is watching this thread haha

If they fix it, I’ll 100% buy the OES (for 50% off)

2 Likes

Legwolf is about to put another essay…

1 Like

Posting this here so it’s in the right thread:
ASPRO-HMT should provide 240MM of KE resistance at 67 degrees and 120MM of KE resistance at 0 degrees and here’s why:

A) We know from looking at the testing ranges, wording and methodology documentation for STANAG 4569 that panels are tested individually. So a single ASPRO-HMT block can stop 25mm at 67 degrees.
B) To stop 25mm at 67 degrees, a single block must provide 48mm of KE to stop it before it exits out the other side
C) We know from “Images of War”, ASPRO-HMT’s insides are reactive (explosive) tiles and Passive (Chobham type) composite tiles layed out in series.
D) Because at 67 degrees, the round is not encountering 100% of the width of ASPRO-HMT, but rather just about 20% and still managed to stop 25MM, we can use these values to determine the KE resistances for - Multiple blocks in a row where the round encounters 100% of the passive tiles over 3 blocks at 67 degrees, and the KE resistance of 1 block at 0 degrees.

Above, is a top down diagram for singular ASPRO-HMT blocks.
Below, is a top down diagram of blocks layed out, in the same way as they are on TES.

In short, if 20% of the width of a single block is 48mm KE, 100% is equal to 240mm, if at 67 degrees, the round continues encountering ASPRO-HMT blocks at that angle.
At 67 degrees however, the passive tiles provide more KE because they are angled. To correct for this and find 0 degrees KE, we can divide by two, assuming that angling provides roughly twice the amount of KE as flat penetration, giving us 120mm of KE at 0 degrees.

@Gunjob Feel free to take a squiz, as I think this is pretty clean maths and makes sense given the sources claims. I’ve included all this info in my bug report here: Community Bug Reporting System

17 Likes

In any case, 30 KE is simply too low

1 Like

Sorry Disregarded, Cannot be better than Kontakt or Relikt.

2 Likes