Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

Can you comment on these?

We cant unfortunately. As laid out some time ago, they are all considered as suggestions: [Development] Reports concerning the protection of post-war combat vehicles - News - War Thunder

Bugs are actual game bugs (code, errors etc).

2 Likes

Well, that is how it works in their system. Historical things/irl fixes are marked as suggestion, bugs are bugs

Hey. The video alone is likely not sufficient by itself.

1 Like

Well, so here i go searching for something, if statement from manufacturer but on the video is not enough

Damn, got someone trying to claim that the soviets invented Spall liners and is asking why no other nation bothered fitting them to any tanks. Is 100% convinced that any claims western tanks have spall liners is just propaganda

It’s 100% sarcasm

1 Like

I dont think it is

100% is taking the piss out of the developers

6 Likes

Also i forgot, is web archive/ wayback machine a viable source or no?

I think it depends on the content that’s actually archived. Archived web pages like on Waybackmachine and whatnot are just captures of what was hosted. I cant see why they wouldn’t be the same as a normal source

AUGHHHHH, Why cant they write anywhere that the turret stays the same weight. Only said it
Even the serial number gives nothing (62 kk 79 if anyone want)
Well, im going to sleep, i will look again tomorrow, or rather today for me already

1 Like

Anything Challenger 2 related is an absolute menace to research. My TES topic and Ammo rack topic took absolutely ages and crawling through some real murky bits of the internet to get any kind of number with a reputable source.

5 Likes

I assume they will fix that for the live server

🫡 🫡

The MoD makes finding information an utter pain, everything from like the Chieftain onwards is horrific.

I have no idea where to search when it comes to ground based vehicles (hell I struggle researching planes) but the Chally lineage is particularly tricky.

Honestly found the best method for finding info is Google Images oddly enough. Look for scans of manuals (declassified), oddly enough scale model manufacturers seem to have quite a lot of vickers documents I cant find elsewhere.
Beyond that, it’s lots of trial and error. My biggest find was in a 360 panorama scan of an obscure museum piece on CR2 lol

1 Like

I do use google lense a lot, also secret projects forum has often got some enlightening info if you can get the links to work and they take you to a decent source.

Scale models too Britmodeller is pretty good for that.

BAe systems heritage would be useful if they made their info more accessible. 99% is declassified but you never know where to look. If you’re desperate though they will have all the vickers documents and lots of it is scanned apparently.

1 Like

Wait so direct statements from the head of sales for the manufacturer isnt good enough but pixel measuring stock photos is?

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/ixZdEHo3h8Mg

Nah comrade only manufacturing claims that matter are Russian era values everything else is obviously fake and needs proper sources

6 Likes