Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

ok anybody got a layout for the mk3?

Im not sure what is what, maybe one is older and one is newer?

Fireballs initial photo showed video signal cables going into that giant green box. I would think this is needed for a thermal imager or some kind of upgrade compared to TOGS II

Mmmm, thinking about mid life upgrades, didn’t challenger 2 receive either a radio upgrade or battle management thing?

They did got a few upgrades, but they are not as well knows as mod likes to hide things.
Unless all Cr2 run on the 1990 specs, then no

Taken from another topic but I think this guy is correct

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking, thought so.

2 Likes

Now what do we do about the rear APFSDS storage?

Leave it be? At least i do not want to go around again looking for things

1 Like

Looks modular. I think both interpretations are correct, but it depends on mission.
Looks like you can slot more radio for less ammo, or more ammo for less radio

Unless that is where the Bird table/ECM boxes connect. then…

i wonder if we’re looking at a command vehicle vs standard vehicle? cause afaik the rear APFSDS count should be 22, 6 + 16

2 Likes

I think so, yeah

SO we leave the 24?

This will undoubtably come down to Gaijin’s interpretation but we can definitively say there’s no ammo in the drivers compartment which is good enough for me lol

1 Like

tbh, ammo placement isnt really the biggest issue, the key killers for the tank are the rear and 4 charge bins, which are correctly interpreted.

2 Likes

There’s definitely bigger issues, but it’s a drop of water into the ocean lol
They honestly need to rework the whole tank

1 Like

Yea, just make it a one big charge at this point. 3.5m in diameter 8.3 in lenght tube filled with explosive material

2 Likes

Man, I7 16gigs of ram

1 Like

Me when leonardo decides to sell me a M60A3

TURSM-T, no thanks, i will take the TURMS-D