Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

Looks at Cr2/3, Ariete, Leclerc
Yea, it sure is
Yes i know it is underpreforming, and im fine with buffing it, but…

1 Like

Wasn’t the Type D armour developed in the late 80s / early 90s?

There are multiple variants of D-Tech. It’s likely not a single composite set but a composite type, ceramic composites probably.

Back then in the 90s D-tech was placed in the Leopard 2A5 turret. The hull only received D-tech internal module with the 2A7V version, so maybe the composition has changed in some way over the years or it’s about the production time of these modules. Zwilling describes these modules as modern.

I would love to talk more about Leopards but I think I’m derailing the thread.

The thing with armors is trick. Ip probably has changed, just like M1 or Cr2 armor, but it is not talked about unlike the M1

@Gunjob sorry for the ping but now that we have an up-to-date sheet is there any chance of having the LFP protection re-examined? It’s still using the expected values for the side protection

A new report just popped. Dorchester based
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/AodjtlUungjK

2 Likes

Read this topic.

Went to work

Came home

222 new posts.

wat.

8 Likes

The shortes Challenger 2 discussion

1 Like

They haven’t even begun to discuss the exact colour of the gunners chair height adjustment lever. 😉

1 Like

It is black iirc, the exact color i would need to check (i wont)

Bond street Black

Haha, oh god. That is a bit of an undertaking, but maybe the only way to actually get any of this fixed I suppose

1 Like

I remember the day that i took this picture on my old razer phone I got to sit in the loader , gunner and commander possessions. Had such an amazing time that day I even got to sit inside a CVRT and heard afew story’s about there deployments in Afghanistan !!

nah, thats just the colour of my pen ))

So who wants to leak more classified information to make this game better? I’m sure the MoD doesn’t need to keep everything secret and secure.

There you go:

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/Ey4bVcTInKk?si=4NP0XbQ_pm5aRZoH

1 Like

Is this not OES as well?

Edit: realised you arent the author :D