Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

This will undoubtably come down to Gaijin’s interpretation but we can definitively say there’s no ammo in the drivers compartment which is good enough for me lol

1 Like

tbh, ammo placement isnt really the biggest issue, the key killers for the tank are the rear and 4 charge bins, which are correctly interpreted.

2 Likes

There’s definitely bigger issues, but it’s a drop of water into the ocean lol
They honestly need to rework the whole tank

1 Like

Yea, just make it a one big charge at this point. 3.5m in diameter 8.3 in lenght tube filled with explosive material

2 Likes

Man, I7 16gigs of ram

1 Like

Me when leonardo decides to sell me a M60A3

TURSM-T, no thanks, i will take the TURMS-D

I can see some of the differences in internal layout are because of the old Clansman radio fit vs current Bowman radio fit. Bowman fit typically takes up more space - on Warrior we had to put some of it outside the turret.

The big green panel looks like a Bowman anti-vibration mount so might be for part of the comms systems that has been taken out. But depending on what spec the photographed tank has on the outside (TES/OES etc.) it might also be for Enforcer RWS or the CIED-ECM control panel.

2 Likes

Hey @Gunjob does this goes into the bug reports or nah? They are a part of the tank, not the camo i guess and some people strongly asked for it.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/XGFO0GRAKTVS

I think that would largely be a camo thing.

2 Likes

Ok then, thanks

man this is depressing… taking this at face value, the Leo 2 composite add-on is almost twice as good as the CR2 LFP while being about a third of the thickness… comparing 2A6/2A7V and Black Night/CR2 TES (I’m assuming the internal composite of the Leo 2 UFP is unchanged between A6/A7)

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 Likes

Well, the Chobham block is a Chobham block.
It gets the side Chobham blocks of the 2F treatment

1 Like

It gets the side Chobham blocks of the 2F treatment

Literally, they’re just using the values for the side protection at 60 degrees

Spoiler

(CR2 DL2F is 135mm in the same spot)

Can you link up this file? I failed to get the link

So @Morvran , when is this topic duped onto the ru forum?

here it is, I had one from June 2022 so this updated one has been very helpful

Thanks

The internal composites were upgraded from C-Tech to modern D-Tech on the 2A7V.

1 Like

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/BpzB7aQn2v4L

someone reported that the hull was underperforming, if the Strv 122s are using D-tech would it be reasonable to assume that hasn’t been applied to the 2A7V?

Yep, the 2A7V’s armour is hilariously underperforming right now.

1 Like