Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/uuJwViiQHT97
Report made :9

2 Likes

What it seems to suggest is the brick is made up of the same explosive tile / passive tile repeating combo as the large ASPRO-HMT blocks, so i’m going with that :P

1 Like

I swear with the amount of work i’ve put into Gaijin’s Challenger 2, I should just file a FOIA request to the MOD for the applique armor on CR2

That or Gaijin should begin paying me for doing their work lol

2 Likes

I will be honest, i did not expected to find that when i was sitting to the backplate research after the dinner

1 Like

Added to the list!

1 Like

I think its important to mention that “Reactive armor” doesn’t necessarily mean ERA, NERA is a form of reactive armor, just not explosive. I dont think that side armor has ERA since it looks like the same composite block just made smaller for the turret

1 Like

Should definetly seek royalties

4 Likes

Some good chally 2 megatron photos here
https://archive.armorama.com/features/6676/index.htm

Inside face of that addon plate

Free OES for all involved

5 Likes

gaijin will have to pay me to play the oes lol

2 Likes

There’s actually a ton of information on CR2’s armor packages, if you don’t mind visiting some absolutely bizzare websites lol

The real one I want to definitively prove is that infront of the gunners knees inside CR2 is a mirrored charge / projectile bin like on the loaders side, back left of the drivers seat. It’s exactly like this in CR1:
mOFLkMG
The only difference, i’m thinking is that CR2 removes any ammunition from the driving compartment, so the ammo behind the seat and left of the drivers knee shouldn’t exist.

…y’know, like they did on CR3 (P) lol

2 Likes

You know? Im pretty sure I die more to the rear ammo bins than the front ones, I believe the Chally 3 will actually be a good amount more survivable even with the unprotected turret ammo…

I dont carry enough ammo to have any in the front so im missing data points but logically it makes sense as to why the rear gets hit more often

1 Like

As long as i stumble upon one im not afraid to enter. Let them steal my homework folder, they will not be the same after seeing it

1 Like

For me at least, it’s more so the idea of getting killed in a way that shouldn’t be remotely possible.
The_interior_of_a__3075633c
This is CR2’s interior driver compartment - No charge bins visible on the left knee area
Same place, there’s a set of drawers there but not for ammo

When sat in CR2, your knees would be in the way anyway to slide a round out. Let alone how the logistics of the driver slinging it over their head and into the turret lol

The CR1 DID have these bins, but you can see they’re very obvious to spot and are high up. The chair’s frame would get in the way if they were any lower, but Gaijin’s CR2 suggests we somehow slide a charge through our legs and thighs, through a metal chair structure and over our heads and behind us lol

I think Cr3 (p) has the most accurate ammo presentation.

3 Likes

Don’t even get me started on how our loader can phase his arms through the floor of the turret basket to reach projectiles…

4 Likes

you know what they say, the brits got long arms…?

1 Like

If you look in CR1 thread i posted a video that youll love

Thats simple, he drinks the earl gray and gains ability to summon shells into his hands

The ammo should be unchanged in location from CR1 except for the driver compartment.

Finding a photo from the gunner or commander side looking down though? Next to impossible. I’ve got ones for the loader which show the left giant box of ammo but not the right