Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

As i said, without conmecting them with a arrow.

Is the hull on the cr2 accuratley madelled now?

Why would it have changed?

Honestly this looks more more spacious than many of the apartment rentals in my area.

Don’t you think that the new mechanics warning about the approach of a rocket now have minimal gameplay value due to the fact that the indicator appears too late?

It seems to me that there should be a time lag between the appearance of the indicator and the arrival of the rocket, allowing the player to at least let out smoke and move away a little.

1 Like

Don’t know if anyone’s mentioned this but ever since the turret mantle “fix”, the gun of all challenger 2s sits too high now and the little fabric cover above the gun breach just floats there.

4 Likes

Yeh we all give on on that tank… Including gaijin.

2 Likes

Also here is something that irrationally annoys me, I think ages ago a modelling error was reported with the TES ERA kit that covers the lower hull on both the challenger 1 and challenger 2. The whole ERA mount was essentially modelled off scale which led to clipping with the lower mounting points that were visibly protruding through the ERA blocks. You know those hooks at the bottom. Well Gaijin’s fix wasn’t to rescale the ERA cage but instead to just remove the mounting clips, so now the whole thing is just inaccurate.

It’s a minor thing and I don’t expect a fix but still, lazy solution.

6 Likes

Yeah this is truly one of the gaijin moments of all time

2 Likes

Also while I’m griping.

The whole TES kit visually just seems weirdly modelled tbh, measurements appear out of whack. Also I’ll show you how bad the gun is now.

Also when you remove the TES package from the base CR2

Seriously like I don’t even know.

6 Likes

Interesting. I was thinking that when I saw a convoy photo a few months ago

1 Like

Funnily enough the rework they did for the Challenger 2F does it right I think. I’m sure someone will tell me if it’s supposed to be like that on the first model.

Even so I wish they’d just update the older CR2 models, just do a refresh of them as they are inconsistent with each other and have a lot of bugs, we can’t bug report because every fix they do seems to break three other things. The TES and OES could do with a remaster of their camouflage netting anyway, looks like crap compared to the leos and newer tanks that have been added.

Something tells me that it’s not supposed to be like that on the first model

1 Like

Chances of any of this being fixed before 2030 is below 5%

9 Likes

Came back to this thread and decided to check how long ago I made my bug report:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/AodjtlUungjK

8 months and still nothing. Looking through the other bug reports there’s many over a year old. Does Gaijin hate Britain?

5 Likes

Does Gaijin even care? is a more appropriate question.

10 Likes

???
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/sYajiuyshDxd

8 Likes

Huh? How is that not a bug @Gunjob

Perhaps better off pinging @vladuxa091 who marked it as not a bug?

@vladuxa091 are you telling us that Gaijin doesn’t account for the fire control system automatically accounting for the sight being off-set and therefore makes adjustments so the tank has accurate firing solutions from both sights??

7 Likes

I know gunjob will do the job :)

This is the only tank that does it. So it is clearly a bug.

6 Likes