Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

Thats 1. Sadly we failed to find any other book talking about the backplate

And if no other source exists for the backplate then what source was used by Gaijin to justify the change?

It was an Ass Pull.

Even weight calculations were done to show the Steel makes more sense compared to Aluminum.

7 Likes

We got some official info since then, so those calculations would have to be redone, but im not going to bother the op.

Fair enough and its not even worth to redo the calculations at this point. We’d be beating a dead horse.

Do the Devs not just think for once and go, if we make the CR2 competitive we wont need to deal with 100s of bug reports.

Seem so reductive and a waste of both the communities time and the Devs time.

Here’s a handy Radar chart of the difference between CR2E and CR3TD with this update.

Here is the difference between the 3 worst Minor Nation MBTS

2E vs AMV vs MK.4

3TD vs AMV vs Mk.4

4 Likes

There’s a reason I say the Challenger is the worst MBT in the game lmao

1 Like

not even that. I mean Tim the Tea Drinker exists

I thnk the arietes still hold that flag (despite how much the chinese player base shout how bad they have it, they dont). Its a 10.0 tank (already pushing it with less armour than the challenger mk 2) with an 11.7 round, they should really just remove its dm53 and lower it to 11.0 or 10.7 with the addition of the leo 2a7 for them. No need to keep them that high when they simply cant perform at that br, same with the TES and 2F. If a tank cant perform at the br, dont try and keep it there by just slapping on random changes (Or you could simply model them correctly, but thats far too hard for them).

Here are some additional visuals

1 Like

I don’t know what it is, its probably the weight increases, but I’ve been doing even worse with the Challenger 2 than previous game versions. I was hoping to take them out to bully some of the new 2A4M and T-80U-E1 players but most games usually result in the team getting steamrolled and I get maybe 2 to 5 kills at absolute most. Previously I could at least try to be competitive even with the lacking protection and gun but now its just really sad to play with the Challengers.

Honestly nearing the point of not even playing them any more.

7 Likes

I’m sorry to think so but now I’m hoping more for a new top tier competitive MBT for the British tech tree than for an almost impossible improvement on Chally 2…

Don’t play them your wasting your time, almost any other tech tree mbt would be a better choice.

1 Like

Is it that bad? I haven’t had the chance to play them after the patch as I’m grinding the new f15. Before I had the most fun in OES and it’s additional armor actually worked most of the time against those pesky ifvs.

Yeah, thats not gonna happen… Im still dying to 30mm aphe rounds from the sides because gaijin think half a meter worth of cermaics, steel and exposives mean nothing unless its russian.

1 Like

Yeah, nerfing protocol continues… #@!$ you Gaijin

True. Now that I think about it back it only helped mainly against NATO 30s.

I like how quick Gaijin was to change this.

It came out like a month go that production CR3 will have 1200hp, meanwhile there’s copious amounts of bug reports for tanks that a single intern could fix in a day. But when it comes to nerfing, they are on it like flies to shit.

3 Likes

And were not even sure if the 1200hp claim is true, The person who said it was probably told it will still be using the same engine and assumed it would be the old 1200hp and not the uprated 1500hp it can attain with new radiators and such, a simple upgrade to perform in comparison to the entirely new turret and armour…

They truly despise the challengers and i cant seem to figure out why? What vendetta does one of the developers have against us, not like the 3td was any good when the black knight is just better…

Black night isn’t even good. 2E is best simply because you actually get mobility.

I feel bad for French homies, the Vextra gets artificially shafted to 9.7 and anemic dart while M1128, Sprut, Radwagon, 90105 etc all get far better shells at 0.3 higher BR.

I wan’t to know what crack Gaijin is smoking this update.