Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

200w

“The picture was sped up - giving the dart much more penetration than it should have”

I doubt they would even say live footage of it being hit and destroyed would count. I’m sure there would be some copium about “we can’t be certain what actually knocked the tank out” etc.

4 Likes

Reminds me of them refusing to change the challenger 2 turret traverse because they said the video could have been sped up. There were people in and around the video moving around and talking all at normal pace….

1 Like

Just wait for the

“We cant accept this source because it was made by an AI”

Excuses that will come soon

1 Like

Jokes aside. We all know that if a NATO tank was disable by some Russian ammunition, it would count as a creditable source BUT if a video a Russian tank getting disable by NATO ammo, the excuse “we can’t be certain what actually knocked the tank out” would be used.

7 Likes

Passed, it remains wait for some results :3

6 Likes

Good luck with that one.

3 Likes

What’s this for? Is it getting the armour level of the lower plate composite to be higher or for the challengers to have the same ke and ce equivalents for the 2F and TES. Or is it to get it on the 2e. Quite a few things going on with the lower composite.

Well, Gaijin seems to hate my masterpiece of a report, so i had to simplify it
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/ifW6nYDZ0DOV

1 Like

I just want more armor on the lower armor plate. It doesn’t matter which one))

Can I get a link to this photo? Seems really intreresting. Thanks in advance

It’s reported that “the kinetic munition hit the upper frontal part, passed between the elements of the Relikt ERA without hitting them, penetrated the main armor, the place of the driver, and hit the rounds rack followed by its detonation.”

Spoiler

5 Likes

Does anyone have pictures of the hull side spall liners?

They were getting talked about a while ago but people seem to have moved on now.

2 Likes

We have pictures of the lower front plate having it. We know the sides have it but don’t have conclusive evidence that it does (according to gaijin anyway) so we’re looking for sources to push alongside the lower frontal plate one.

3 Likes

This aged well…

Ukraine 2023

2 Likes

still nothing to be said, detracked by a mine, crew decided to abandon it and set it on fire and was later fully blown by the russians.

so basicly used as target practice

2 Likes

20 years later…
Plus it hit a mine, was detracked and then was finished off by the crew themselves iirc

8 Likes

Yeah, need to update it

1 Like

status report

Probably this weekend when Im not working.