Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

The question i ask myself is why would i play it over anything else, there’s literally no point in suffering attempting to play it, so for me it’s essentially unplayable in its current state.

1 Like

Well, it joined Ariete and Merkava as of now.

1 Like

It’d play a merkarva over the challenger 2 any day of the week.

Well, i will be honest i do not have personal experience with Merkava, as it is the only top tank i have not played, so im basing it on what others say.

It has shit armour, but at least the engine will save the crew some times

That i know, but current top tier ground rating would be something like that
Sweden Germany
USSR US
China Japan
France
UK Israel
Italy

2 Likes

I’d put italy right at the bottom tbh, you have 0 armour at every BR, only light tanks or poorly armoured mediums

The ariete’s are the worst top tier tank

2 Likes

Changed it to top tier and tweaked a little.

Also love the Cr3. It got most of the Cr2 dm, btu they put the dedge into xray veiw, so you can see the grates armour in existecne AIR

2 Likes

How the fuck they pulling 140mm outa this lmao. They be trying the hardest to make sure anything British stays useless. What if people start playing it and make us actually fox our shit.

3 Likes

Well, they will have to fill that hole with something, after all now it is 30mm empty wedge, then 200mm of air and then 200mm of cast armour

that is just

4 Likes

the true meaning of spaced armour. 10% armour, 90% space.

4 Likes

It’s better to play hull down than the challenger 2

It’s better to play… You know what scratch that just don’t play the cr3

4 Likes

I haven’t even played the game since the update arrived. The best decision to avoid frustration with the Gaijin decision making

Guys we could just report the mantlet protection as a bug using their own material protection values honestly.

Because the trunnion is 400mm thick and only provides 200mm of protection and is “cast steel” (the images ive seen of it look billet construction but what ever). Gaijins material protection for cast armor is x0.95. So we could just say that and then they would have to fix it. Because by their own metrics its bugged.

I mean it makes sense to me to keep it simple stupid since reading protection values from documents is hard.

I disagree, i don’t think Leopards should get a reload buff.
Of course Challengers 2 should get a bigger ready rack size, and Challenger 3 should get 5 seconds because it deserve it.
Challengers needs all the help they deserve, they’re not competitive at all currently.
Giving a bigger ready rack size would improve them, and its an historical change as well.

2 Likes

No, my point is not that the leopards will or should get a buff, its the fact the Cr3 uses the same gun and so I feel like gaijin will only buff it alongside the leopards.

I feel like they will see the gun and shell, and decide if it needs a buff on that rather than the tank.

Give the leopards and the cr3 what the challengers have now with a few rounds loaded quickly and then slow down after to 6 for the rest of the ready rack. It would simulate loader fatigue without adding a complex system as all it would be is a two stage ready rack that would still contain the rest of the 15 or so rounds. Then give the challengers 1 and 2 there 24 round 5 second reload.