Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

28 in total, and no. They said they will revise ammoracks so maybe then

Afternoon guys,
Had another look today for any sources stating the material of the backing plate for ASPRO-HMT on Bulldog, Warrior or Challenger but besides Tankograd who says steel, there are no sources publically who state the material used.

I did however manage to prove via 2 new sources, ASPRO-HMT’s brochure when mentioning RPG, is specifically mentioning RPG-7. In 2008, the RPG’s main anti tank round is PG-7VR which gives credence to it being able to stop tandem rounds. I have updated my report accordingly for the CE.

The tank museum in the UK does have a Mk.3 bulldog, incase anyone would like to contact them and see if the backing plate is steel. Alternatively you can contact Tankograd.

I’ve done a lot of work on this these past two days so i’m taking the weekend off for the most part, to spend time with the missus.
Thanks folks,
Legwolf

13 Likes

Something else Gaijin need to fix is shells vanishing in flight.

Something I only experience with the Chally.

Yet again, i fired, my round was inflight, on its way to making contact with the side of an abrams, he makes a snap shot, shock horror, he takes out my breech & commander…my round that was in flight?

Thanos snapped out of existence.

I had 0% PL, so cant be my internet.

Not a challenger only thing.

Ghost shells have been a problem for years, and each major update they say they are fixed, they never are

:)

2 Likes

That is a problem in this game, IT only register shells when your gun is fine, when your gun is destroyed it does not know what to do and removes your shell

Oh, so thats what it was
KEK
Get volumetricked

Yeah, I was so annoyed. If that was a chally it would of been a one shot.

going back in

Even that would be hard, the spot you hit would be loader and gun, with maybe commander

aw man, if you were 5 min earlier i would have joined you, but now i promised to play with someone else

Cr3 forced elevation too soon, is there bug report?

Yes it is
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/8vuwzZowwwXH
Just like i did to the Cr2s, i did for Cr3

1 Like

I cant recall it in any other tank ive played, not sure why.

Still, im suffering the curse of US teams at the moment. Constant defeats whilst having them in the team.

cheers again, i typed that so fast then killed 2 abrams

1 Like

Two victories in a row, both without dying?! Challenger OP! Please nerf armour to 5mm of cardboard.

2 Likes

Colonialism strikes again.

Empire Strikes Back…

2 Likes

Mission Accomplished?! Put the Kettle on lads.

1 Like