Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

possible it should be around the same amount as the leo

Wasn’t just the clip the LEP also had minimal ammo capacity I think it was 9 rounds I’ll dig up the article about it.

a earlier version of it i think

It was the RBSL lep this came from when it was first shown on video when firing the L55A1 gun

11 Likes

Accurate

Well, no. There is ham there, and MoD does not have funds for such luxuries

2 Likes

The Europowerpack is also designed with future power increases in mind afaik. So they could make the Chally even heavier in the future, if they feel like it :p

1 Like

Seems like their favourite thing to do

1 Like

One question: the HAAIP upgrade predates the newest Megatron, right?

Shit you right. That’s not ham that’s a factory demonstration with ham substitute.

Yes, but HAAIP is on hold now with no increase in power at all

Challenger 2 HAAIP/CR3 confirmed to be using a 1500hp CV12-9A.
So this confirmation, if you could call it that, probably doesn’t help the 1500-hp cause.

I already gave that to Gun, but withou any docs that any cr2 mounted haaip it is worthless
The best we know is that DT22AA (Bowington Chally) mounted upgraded TN54 transmission

That sucks, and I don’t even play the Challenger 2 (my top tank is the IS-1 :) ), but it’s fascinating to see people search every nook and cranny of the internet and archives for information that would better the British vehicles in the game.

I wonder if there’s a (legal) way to find sources for the 1500-hp engine.

who knows

It will be hard. Trust me, i tortured wayback machine to find ANYTHING and got nothing. From 2008 to present day NOTHING. At least nothing that will be a hard proof

Maybe enough soft proof can transform into 1 hard proof. ))))

Sadly no